The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have the manuals and am almost done installing the engine back into my esprit. The only issue I currently have is:

I cannot find the correct place the wires go on the coils, Anyone have a picture? Do they cross each other? Which goes where? I have new wires and they are not numbered and they are upgrades from OEM so i cannot make them fit right. Thanks

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
The aluminium alloy (LM25TF) cylinder block comprises two ‘open deck’ type cylinder banks angled at
90” to each other and mounted on a common crankcase. The RH bank is staggered ahead of the LH bank and
contains cylinders 1,2,3,4 with cylinders 5,6,7,8 designated as the LH bank,.counting from the front in both
cases.
Firing order is 1,5,3,7,4,8,2,6

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep I have that. My concern is what wire goes onto which coil? there are two coils. One on each side. I am trying to figure out where the wires go onto each coil pack. Any pictures? Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it seems to me each coil pertains to each side of the motor? Unfortunately I cant make the wire seat properly without forcing them in? Thats my concern. Or perhaps they are opposing? Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THAT HELPS TREMENDOUSLY!!! however it is not clear. I cant make it legible. So in other words the right bank uses the left coil? and the left bank the right coil? thanks

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
All I can say is don't even think of firing up that engine if you are not absolutely sure you have it correct.

One other guy on here crossed wires and now he's facing a big turbo rebuild issue and probably damaged cat on that side too from the oil that leaked out of the turbo which leaked because he overheated it with crossed wires.

You might want to check with him since he's probably very familiar with the correct order now:
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f164/bad-news-oil-dripping-out-turbo-120130/

·
Registered
308 Posts
....I cant make it legible....
Sorry, this is the best I can do with making the text legible. My copy of the manual is a PDF, and I don't have the full Adobe package, so I can't extract / copy only one page of the huge file. If you have the manual, this is on page 20 of section EMM.3 (page 1455 of the entire manual).

...So in other words the right bank uses the left coil? and the left bank the right coil? thanks
Yes.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts