The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I've tried searching but cant find anything. I'm out to sea and cant reference my Owners Manual.

I'm looking to boost my headlights up about 1000k in color/temperature. I've got my aftermarket LED DRL's installed and they have a slight blue hue to them.

When I had my Elise, I had gotten the DDM 6000k 55w HID kit and LOVED the way it looked and the clarity it gave me at night. I'm looking for something similar so the headlights match the DRL's a bit better. Right now, it looks like a warm white headlight as opposed to the 6000k 55w blue hue cool white that I love.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

·
Registered
857 Posts
IIRC all factory HIDs are around 4100-4300k in color temp. If you just stuck with the factory 35w ballast you could just get a higher temp bulb and switch it out.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
IIRC all factory HIDs are around 4100-4300k in color temp. If you just stuck with the factory 35w ballast you could just get a higher temp bulb and switch it out.

Ok. Do you think these will work:
http://store.ijdmtoy.com/HID-Light-Bulbs-Xenon-Headlight-p/hid-d1s-d1r-d1c.htm

It should be a simple swap of the bulbs right?? No messing with the ballasts or anything?

Also, how hard is it to swap them out myself? I dont have a lift or anything. I know you have to go through the wheel well, at least you did for the Elise. Maybe i'll just save it for a weekend project to learn how to do it myself...along with plastidipping my side view mirror covers :nanner:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Yes those should swap right in. Procedure is on page 160 of the owner's manual.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts