The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
right now it seems like the best deal on a 13 s is the white/red ips s in lewiburg Tx. it has 9k miles and has been listed for 70k for awhile. 2 owners, seems to have a clean car fax. came from billings montana.
anyone know the car or have an opinion about it or the price.
I'm not so concerned about the mileage since I doubt I'll put more than 2.5k miles a year on it.

thanks,

rick jaffe

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok, another question what about 70k for a 13 s IPS two owner with 9k miles?
good ok or bad deal?

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
the 9k miles would make me walk away...the car is almost new and has 9k miles on it?? i personally wouldn't pay that much for one with 9k miles.
Is the car completely loaded? upgraded wheel pkg? tech, sport, rev camera etc? I would offer a little less..
i must say, it's an excellent color choice..:)

·
Toys R us!
273 Posts
is this an S model?? if so, then the price is not too bad as long as it's loaded with all the goodies.....would offer 68,5 or 69 for it...

·
Registered
443 Posts
I'm assuming by saying "Lewisburg" you mean "Lewisville" right? If so, I've seen it in person and the car is nice and clean. If I recall, there was a small scuff on the passenger side leather (on either the door or the seat, I can't remember), but it's nothing that would scare me away.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the thing that bothers me most is that it's a two owner car, placed in service in april. so 2 owners in 10 months, second owner had it less than a month. clear car fax but no service/warranty history, and that plus not seeing and driving it makes me nervous on such a big purchase.
thanks for the input.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
$70k for a 2 owner car sounds high to me. Remember the cost of replacing the clutch.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$70k for a 2 owner car sounds high to me. Remember the cost of replacing the clutch.
Ips so torque converter no clutch, right?
my 2013. Don't know manufacture date but sale date was 4/13

The two owner in 9 months and no service records makes it alittle risky for me for such a high dollar car (for me anyway)
I guess I'll probably to pass on it for now see what else comes up.

·
Premium Member
7,566 Posts
@ owner could be dealer punched clock and drove it a few months then someone bought it but didn't understand (how could they not like it) 1 owner, 10 owners its how the car looks, rides, drives, etc. Start at 65K. If it was time I'd be VERY interested in that car!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@ owner could be dealer punched clock and drove it a few months then someone bought it but didn't understand (how could they not like it) 1 owner, 10 owners its how the car looks, rides, drives, etc. Start at 65K. If it was time I'd be VERY interested in that car!!
yea 65 and I'd buy it. 70, don't think so because of the mileage and uncertainty.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Ips. Yes, no issues with high clutch replacement cost but some Ips have had other issues. How much left in the warranty? Maybe 26 months. I think you really need to be there and take an extended test drive.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Ips. Yes, no issues with high clutch replacement cost but some Ips have had other issues. How much left in the warranty? Maybe 26 months. I think you really need to be there and take an extended test drive.
my thinking too. I've bought some old cars online sight unseen (old ferrari, porsche and old bentley) but for alot less money. 70k sight unseen with two owners, too much uncertainty for me and the price isn't too good to pass up.

·
Registered
273 Posts
my thinking too. I've bought some old cars online sight unseen (old ferrari, porsche and old bentley) but for alot less money. 70k sight unseen with two owners, too much uncertainty for me and the price isn't too good to pass up.
I work in Lewisville and I would have no problem going to look at it, beat up the sales guy for the details and tell you what I think.

To be clear the car is Autotrader Car ID: AT-15A1B280

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
915 Posts
This car is pretty much filled to the brim with options. Plus, this is the S model and it has the most expensive paint color (I don't know why white is so expensive haha). I'd like to think you could strike a bargain with the dealer based on mileage, but something tells me it's going to be pretty well fixed at the internet price. Looking at the photos, it appears to be in very good condition. If it were a new car, you'd probably be stuck paying in the $80s. I wouldn't rule it out yet because to me it seems like a good deal.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is the lowest advertised price for a 13 s fully optioned. But one of you guys paid 75 for a new fully optioned car last month, carbon grey too which I think is the most desirable color. Admittedly I only know
About one such sale. 5 grand is 5 grand, but new with no stories is probably worth 5k to me. 10k probably not.
I also think you can buy Any or many of the 13 fully optioned for 80, but with taxes that's closing in on 90, and while I really like the car I don't like it 90k much.
This car has been for sale for a month.
From what I've seen,for a lot of reasons they don't move quickly, witness the many new 2011's available. most of the dealerships sell high end cars so they can afford to hold 3 or 4 loqe cost units for years to preserve
The market.
Another factor: in six week we should know whether evoras will be inportable or will go the way if the Elise which might be good for the prices for awhile(for the dealers)

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
New with no stories just means you'll be writing your own. :D

Most Evoras are delivered with niggles and gremlins worth a story, which you can probably read here on the forum. If you want to avoid that you'll have to buy a used car.

·
not your dad's puns
1,765 Posts
Went ahead and changed the title, once I confirmed there appears to be no such place as "Lewisburg, TX", and considering the AT ad.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Most Evoras are delivered with niggles and gremlins worth a story, which you can probably read here on the forum. If you want to avoid that you'll have to buy a used car.
says alot. thanks.

anyway to find out a service history of a used car? other than what may appear on car fax? anything that doesn't involve buying the car maybe getting the vin number and guess where the nearest lotus place is?

·
Illegal Alien
5,308 Posts

I doubt "most".

To the prior question any sports car or other car if thus price range, inability to produce service records is 20k of the price.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
For all I they pulled them and they don't like
What they saw. Two owners in 9 months

1 - 20 of 31 Posts