The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
i called on it once, they said its a cash deal only, no financing, didnt make any sense to me.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I don't have any first hand knowledge of it except to say that it has been there a long time - at least since last May.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Checked the file I made in November, and it was up on cars.com back then for the same price. Back then it was a great price. Now it's just "ok". Makes you wonder. Offer them no more than $22k, if they say no, walk away. Make sure you get a carfax report first though! Sounds very sketchy!

·
Registered
300 Posts
I recall someone here on ETalk flying to Atlanta for a test drive and inspection. If memory serves me correctly, Lotus of Atlanta found through inspection that it had been wrecked and needed some significant work to bring it up to par.

I am usually suspect of any cars on a "buy here, pay here" lot.

Ben

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
This is a typical "Pay less now, spend more later type car"

·
Registered
705 Posts
I went and looked at it and drove it a few months back. Its one of those small neigborhood lots run by an ESL family. Very friendly. Car drove great, some damage on the lower clam probably from driveways or whatever. I dont remember him mentioning anything about a crash.....:)

One thing that caused me pause was that the owner/salesman told me he drives it alot and he was pushing me to flog it when the motor was not even close to warmed up. its a Toyota so maybe not a big deal but possibly indicative of the care.

I am not real particular and I like "driver" cars so I would buy it in a heartbeat IF the chassis was not damaged. Last spring it was a great deal at $29K now it seems like you can get these cars with a few miles for close to that price so maybe not such a deal?

Wish I was in the Market!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts