The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know this car:

2008 Lotus Elise Roadster Convertible for Sale in Dublin, OH 43017

2008 Yellow Elise found on the Global Auto site. Wondering if it would be better to spend a little more money for a newer model with nicer seats and somewhat upgraded interior.

Still a neophyte when it comes to the Elise, know just enough to be dangerous so I'm open to any suggestions or tips from the community.

Thanks!

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
"6 speed manual! Won't last long! Looking for an amazing value on a fantastic 2008 Lotus Elise? Well, this is IT! Lotus has established itself as a name associated with quality. This Elise will get you where you need to go for many years to come. The world's largest Group of European brands.

Apparently the seller is referring to some other Lotus brand?

·
Back to the Future, again
6,155 Posts
Jump on it. This is the best price you will find on a low mileage 2008 without issues right now.

2005 first year cars with average miles in the five figures are now going for $30k or even low $30k's from dealers.

The 2008 comes with the new dash that is black with white numbers. The older dash is white with black numbers... and it looks kinda cheap because the script used was also kinda weird, like it belongs in an Austin Mini instead of a serious sports car.

I paid $38k (+fees/taxes) for my 09 with 3,400 miles last April and the prices have been climbing slowly this year, compared to last year.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually called about the car a few days ago and was told they didn't have any Elises. Not sure why it's still listed. So I'm still looking for the right car, thanks for all of the input and advice.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
796 Posts
damn, i paid 25k for a 2005 with under 5k miles about 5 months ago.

maybe i should turn it around and sell for a profit. :-(

then again, i've put 4k miles on it since with no issues. very fun car!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts