The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured there might be an off chance someone might know this car.

2006 Used Lotus Elise at Dream Motor Cars Serving Los Angeles, IID 8636053

After searching in vain for a Sport Elise, I've decided to broaden my search and the Aspen White is quite striking with the red interior.

Aside from the high asking price, is there anything obviously wrong/worrisome about this particular example?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Sorry if this comes off harsh, but what's going on lately with everyone so quick to say a car is overpriced? From everything I've been reading lately, we're all happy to see the value of our cars rising, but as soon as something pops up for sale, we're quick to call it overpriced. IMO, the car is worth what somebody is willing to pay for it.

If the dealer can't sell it at the current asking price, they'll lower it until they have a buyer. Let the market evolve and settle naturally without forcing prices based on speculation. I'll be stoked if somebody pays $39k for it. Means if I were ever in a position and needed to sell mine, I could make a nice profit :)

·
Registered
389 Posts
White with red interior is a pretty rare color combination - I think it looks sharp - almost like the car is dressed up for a formal evening!

Of course, I'm partial to it... But just because I'm biased doesn't mean I'm wrong!

+1 on the price - I didn't pay much more than that when I bought my 2006 in 2006, with only 3K miles on it!!

·
Back to the Future, again
6,154 Posts
White with red interior is a pretty rare color combination - I think it looks sharp - almost like the car is dressed up for a formal evening!

Of course, I'm partial to it... But just because I'm biased doesn't mean I'm wrong!

+1 on the price - I didn't pay much more than that when I bought my 2006 in 2006, with only 3K miles on it!!
White with red interior is a classic combination, but I submit to you, good sir, that my car's black and white interior is more formal for a nice evening out with the madame at a festive gala!

·
Premium Member
6,236 Posts
White with red interior is a classic combination, but I submit to you, good sir, that my car's black and white interior is more formal for a nice evening out with the madame at a festive gala!

Imagine exiting the car in an Algelina Jolie slit dress!!:drool:

·
6,154 Posts
Imagine exiting the car in an Algelina Jolie slit dress!!:drool:
Ummm... You wouldn't be drooling if I exited the car in a slit dress... I've put on some weight lately and I might have gone up a size or two.

But yeah, Charlize Theron... In my car... On my motorcycle... Anywhere with me... Drool....

·
Registered
105 Posts

Mine is white with a red interior. As the side leather door inserts are red and the center console is red with white stitching across the board I feel the interior is too red! Thinking of switching seats to black and the side door inserts to be red leather background (the part in continuity with the window open and close button) and the central door leather insert t(the padded one) o be black. That way the interior becomes dual tone red and black with white stitching.

·
6,154 Posts
Pic of my interior.

White leather wrapped windshield visors, center console, instrument console, door inserts, seat inserts, and storage bin lining.

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
with due respect to chris2pher's comment, this car is obscenely overpriced. (this perspective obviously changes depending on if you are a buyer or a seller.) i also happen to know what the dealer paid for the car. in my opinion, he bought well at slightly under "market value." and while it is fair to say that if a dealer can purchase a car at a good price and make a profit, well then good for them. but if this car sells anywhere near $39k, then the saying "a fool and their money are soon separated" surely applies. you can get an 07 exige S for that price.

i totally understand that this is the way business works, but nonetheless, it bugs me when i see dealers snatching up these cars when there are many of us out here hunting for the right car at the right price. in most instances, on a car like this, the dealer adds very little additional value to the car (when reconditioning is not necessary.) one instance happened recently where a chicago dealer snatched up a car at a fair price, only to put it up on their website with a $7k markup. (by the way, the above white car's markup blows the $7k out of the water.) some will argue the dealer has to pay for shipping, "advertising", and maybe some new tires, but my point of view is more that i would rather that these special and limited production cars exchange hands between enthusiasts.

that's just my 2 cents. you may kindly disagree, but you'd be wrong. (kidding.)

by the way, i drove the car. i don't have a lot to compare to since it was the first one i've driven, but the clutch pedal seemed to have a slight clicking or tapping sound when almost fully engaged. the starshield was very yellowed. the car was filthy, including bird droppings on it - which was weird because it was in the indoor showroom. i believe it had a stage 2 exhaust. it IS a striking color combination.

best of luck to all.

·
Registered
87 Posts
ok, i said a lot, so i should've said "that's my 34 cents."

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
with due respect to chris2pher's comment, this car is obscenely overpriced. (this perspective obviously changes depending on if you are a buyer or a seller.) i also happen to know what the dealer paid for the car. in my opinion, he bought well at slightly under "market value." and while it is fair to say that if a dealer can purchase a car at a good price and make a profit, well then good for them. but if this car sells anywhere near $39k, then the saying "a fool and their money are soon separated" surely applies. you can get an 07 exige S for that price.

i totally understand that this is the way business works, but nonetheless, it bugs me when i see dealers snatching up these cars when there are many of us out here hunting for the right car at the right price. in most instances, on a car like this, the dealer adds very little additional value to the car (when reconditioning is not necessary.) one instance happened recently where a chicago dealer snatched up a car at a fair price, only to put it up on their website with a $7k markup. (by the way, the above white car's markup blows the $7k out of the water.) some will argue the dealer has to pay for shipping, "advertising", and maybe some new tires, but my point of view is more that i would rather that these special and limited production cars exchange hands between enthusiasts.

that's just my 2 cents. you may kindly disagree, but you'd be wrong. (kidding.)

by the way, i drove the car. i don't have a lot to compare to since it was the first one i've driven, but the clutch pedal seemed to have a slight clicking or tapping sound when almost fully engaged. the starshield was very yellowed. the car was filthy, including bird droppings on it - which was weird because it was in the indoor showroom. i believe it had a stage 2 exhaust. it IS a striking color combination.

best of luck to all.
GREAT info! Thanks!!

·
Registered
796 Posts
Pretty car, but what's up with the front license plate? Did you hit a bicycler?

Mine is white with a red interior. As the side leather door inserts are red and the center console is red with white stitching across the board I feel the interior is too red! Thinking of switching seats to black and the side door inserts to be red leather background (the part in continuity with the window open and close button) and the central door leather insert t(the padded one) o be black. That way the interior becomes dual tone red and black with white stitching.

·
Registered
105 Posts
During parking I hit a low pip infront of me. Lucky for me it only bent the license plate and didn't harm the clam! Waiting for a replacement number plate holder from lotus. No stock till now :-(

1 - 20 of 21 Posts