The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 2011 Evora currently in Texas. It spent its first 3 years in Boca Ratan, FL. The car is Persian Blue with Oyster interior, 2,273 miles. Clean Carfax.
It has a great price which makes me cautious. Vin SCCLMDTU7BAH10618.
I'd appreciate any feedback you may have, Good or Bad.
Thanks,
Bryan

·
Registered
371 Posts
do you have a link for the car? I have seen several of these sit in texas so it could just be they dont sell well there and that would explain the low price.

·
Registered
178 Posts
2011 Lotus Evora 2+2, $52,999 - Cars.com

I talked to them a while back. They didn't know much about the car, and the sales man said he would call me back with answers to my questions, and never did. He also said he would send me high resolution images, never received those either. Maybe because I'm an out of town buyer? I don't know.

Still looks like a nice car for the price. Definitely has some dash warpage.

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400
694 Posts
I live in Boca Raton and have never saw that car and it is probably due to the lack of driving by the owner. It seems s/he only drove 750 miles per year since 2011. So it was a weekend car most likely. It seems like a winner go for it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Car looks pretty clean and the price seems to be on point from other 2011's out there. The front bumper looks to have minor scuffing but I dont see any other flaws. I would just make sure it has updated shift cables or have that worked into the final deal.

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
"The Evora has been more rigorously tested than any other Lotus before it, and comes with a 3-year/60,000-mile warranty."

Is this car under warranty?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone know this evora?
The car shows up on Cargurus.com. Link>http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?cgLocale=en&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=d2058&radius=100&zip=32404&sourceContext=RecentSearches_false_0#listing=85720101>. I also have talked to a salesman. It's been moved from the Jaguar dealer to the lexus dealer (same owner). Salesman didn't know much, but I asked a bunch of ??. I didn't notice the dash warp, but did see the bumper rash. They are saying that it has Premium Pkg., but in pictures, I don't see the heated seat buttons on the right side of the steering.
Thanks for the answers. I can't get over to see it for 4 weeks. we'll see what happens.
Bryan

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
As a general rule any Lotus is a true car for the dedicated fan. Like modern software it ripens at the customer and requires quite some dedication. But, we here have that dedication and make sure the teething issues on our cars are solved under warranty.

If you're buying a cheap car from a non-Lotus dealer it was probably owned by someone who lacked that dedication and traded for something else. In other words, you'll have a lot of things to fix or improve.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I live in Ft Lauderdale area and spend time in Boca occasionally, never seen it. I spend a decent amount of time at the Ft Lauderdale collection and don't recognize it from there either.

I bought a used 2011 NA Evora last year for ~$57k from a Lotus dealer. It wasn't originally sold until August 2012, so my warranty goes through 2015. If this one was originally sold late, you should be good through the end of this year with warranty hopefully. Then the dash can be ficed under warranty. It's pretty common, it's just bubbling from sun and heat, leather separating from the moulding. Mine has it now currently and it's like 7 weeks for the new ones to come in, so if this one is under warranty and you buy it make sure they get that order in right away. Otherwise I would assume if it gets bad or annoys you a good upholsterer might be able to do something for cheaper than through the dealer.

Bumper rash just happens, some speedbumps and driveways still make me pucker up.

Like said before though, low mileage and minimal usage means some of the kinks aren't maybe worked out. Always something in fit and finish on a Lotus. Only major thing I had on mine was a clutch master cylinder failure, which happens on some 2011s - there was a bad batch I believe that were rpone to failure. There's a thread about it.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
This car was originally sold 5/19/2011 so no more warranty.

Not all and as a matter of fact, most N/A Evora's will not have heated seats but still have premium pack.

·
Registered
2017 Lotus Evora 400
694 Posts
This car was originally sold 5/19/2011 so no more warranty.

Not all and as a matter of fact, most N/A Evora's will not have heated seats but still have premium pack.
Mine has heated seats but its a 2013 IPS and only 140 miles Oops I need to drive it more :UK:

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Mine has heated seats but its a 2013 IPS and only 140 miles Oops I need to drive it more :UK:
Lotus included heated seats on the premium pack option in 2011 however not all came with it hence why some confusion with forum members on whether a vehicle has premium pack or not. 2012 models and up, this will not be the case.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Lotus included heated seats on the premium pack option in 2011 however not all came with it hence why some confusion with forum members on whether a vehicle has premium pack or not. 2012 models and up, this will not be the case.
I wondered about that since most of the Evoras I've seen don't have seat heaters, but my 2013 NA does. Didn't know it changed by year, so thanks for the info!

EDIT: Also, my NA came with the "S" sway bars, confirmed by several measurements with a digital caliper. Maybe the bushings too, as I've driven a brand new S straight off the dealer lot & there is zero difference in feel between mine & it. I can't confirm with 100% certainty since I've not removed the control arms though.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I've Got heated seats on my 12 N/A IPS

·
Illegal Alien
5,277 Posts
I wondered about that since most of the Evoras I've seen don't have seat heaters, but my 2013 NA does. Didn't know it changed by year, so thanks for the info!

EDIT: Also, my NA came with the "S" sway bars, confirmed by several measurements with a digital caliper. Maybe the bushings too, as I've driven a brand new S straight off the dealer lot & there is zero difference in feel between mine & it. I can't confirm with 100% certainty since I've not removed the control arms though.
All '13s got the full S suspension.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I mad them an offer $48k about a month ago. They came down $1000 to the current $52,999. They did not budge from there.

I decided that I wanted the MY12 upgrades.........and maybe an S after another year of savings.

Dealing wit Jaguar of Plano was like trying to talk to a pretty girl in a crowded bar. They acted like they were doing me a favor by just talking to me. The $1000 off asking final price on a car with no warranty was a joke. Guess they were in a hurry to get back to selling their precious jaguars.

·
Registered
632 Posts
ezg, who was your salesman? The two guys I know that specialize in Lotus there are solid, I'd be surprised if they knowingly blew you off. I've had my own mixed experiences with management there, but the sales guys themselves I've always found to be straight shooters. Let me know if you need guidance on who to talk to there.

·
Premium Member
6,991 Posts
48000 was a bit extreme, thus the reaction. You can play ball, within reason, but a low ball will be a turn off. That's why I said $49999 and I'll close today. Come with check in hand, it usually works.

BTW, Jaguars are precious and rare in the wild. They put fear in the hearts of germans too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts