The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Love chili red. Not so crazy about gold wheels although it looks good against chili red.

I'd want to get more information about possible track history. Maybe he's just trying to avoid tire kickers, but if he continues to refuse more photos and history details for serious buyers I'd walk away.

·
He's on fire!
3,447 Posts
even if you didn't read the description, the pictures show harnesses, an upgraded seat, a timing device, and a fire extinguisher. If you're a ninny about a tracked car you really don't need to know anything more.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I'd say to take a leap of faith. make an offer a little bit lower, and put down $500-$1000 until you see it.
If it turns out to be a scammer, ebay/paypal takes care of you.
If it turns out to be real, with all those upgrades, i'd call that a steal.

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
The seller was kind of rude when I made inquires about it.
Funny how many people don't realize that even if their car is legit, being a D.B. can cost you when you are trying to sell it.

Some people seem to think that they don't have to treat potential customers with due respect, as if their personal celebrity (real or imagined) will justify the price they list with no questions asked.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Funny how many people don't realize that even if their car is legit, being a D.B. can cost you when you are trying to sell it.

Some people seem to think that they don't have to treat potential customers with due respect, as if their personal celebrity (real or imagined) will justify the price they list with no questions asked.
True story. I have walked away from so many car deals... or immediately lost interest because of this reason alone. I will not buy from someone that doesn't treat me with respect. I mean, if you can't treat someone that wants to pay you $30k with respect... how truthful are you really being about the car?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Seems pretty unique, figured someone would know the history on this car. Seller doesn't seem to be responding to my questions and has a 0 rating, so kind of shady. Thanks

Lotus Exige Coupe | eBay

I know this car guys....

I did work on it in the beginning of this year, installed new springs (originals supplied by Nitron were too soft for sticky tires), corner balanced, new brake rotors and pads at all corners, rebuilt front calipers (dust boots needs replacing, seals not leaking but did full job anyway), brake system flushed with SRF, New tires, braided lines, full nut and bolt of the entire car. I don't think he has driven it at all since he picked it up.
There are some small cosmetic blemishes that the seller has disclosed I believe on the rear clam (caused by clumsy removal by a specialty shop I will not name <they are located in Mamaroneck NY>).
Bottom line this is a good car, there has been some serious $$$$$ spent on the details and at the price he has listed he is losing more than he is selling for.
That's my 2 pence...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts