The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting more and more familiar with my V8, but still coming across new / unknown things :)

For instance, does anyone know what these holes are for --- in the underside of the front bumper cover corners, above the corner grille, and just outboard of the fog light ---- there is a pair in either corner, and all (4) are blanked off with plugs ????

Attachments

·
Closer than you think
2,222 Posts
Anyone know what these holes are for ?

Wow, that subject line is like a slow hanging curve ball, just waiting to be hit out of the park! :D

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
having no idea about the esprit, my first question would be if they are equally on both sides...

·
Registered
99 Posts
The holes are to access the hardware holding the front valance to the bumper.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The holes are to access the hardware holding the front valance to the bumper.
Thanks Bob ---

I was sort of guessing they might be access holes for something (SIR impact sensor inspection, etc.).

It is weird to me though that Lotus did not paint them in body color then.:confused:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks Bob ---

I was sort of guessing they might be access holes for something (SIR impact sensor inspection, etc.).

It is weird to me though that Lotus did not paint them in body color then.:confused:
There's really no need to paint them since they're so low to the ground and not easily visible in that orientation. Also, the rubber would be impossible to paint and remain flexible for installation to the lower valance.
I suppose an even more 'Lotus' solution would be to use clear or black stickers that could be replaced if the valance ever needed to be removed from the car. Lotus loves stickers. They're less expensive, and best of all, even lighter than rubber grommets!:coolnana:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts