The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

When I pulled the "snowcone holder" between the seats on my new '09 Exige Sport 260 I found a cable with an odd three-pin connector that was tucked behind there and not connected to anything. It goes into the main harness bundle and appears to head back towards the engine. When I then pulled the center console, I found a matching end coming out of the main harness bundle right in front of the shift tower, and it was also not connected to anything and coiled under the console. I tested continuity to see if they are both ends of the same cable and found that the outer connector housings show continuity but none of the pins do.

It's a very odd connector that I'm not familiar with. I thought that it might be something that was run by the previous owner, but he said he didn't add anything and was surprised by it. Maybe it's some sort of Cup-Car accessory wiring for race radios or something? Does anyone have any idea what it is?

Attachments

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,731 Posts
Run? I'm thinking it might be where the flux capacity plugs in :D.
I think he is right... You should run away from that car immediately! Since you are a friend I will make a deal and allow you to trade Exige's with me straight up!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts
why not just ask the previous owner ???

·
Super Moderator
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why not just ask the previous owner ???
I thought that it might be something that was run by the previous owner, but he said he didn't add anything and was surprised by it.
The car is completely stock and hasn't had any modifications at all done to it. This cable appears to be in the wiring loom from the factory.

·
Super Moderator
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is the plumbed in fire extinguisher fitted to the ROW cars with Cup pack.
Michael
Cool - thanks Michael. I knew you'd figure it out.

Shame, I was really hoping it was pre-wired for a flux capacitor. The car is pretty much the same color as the Delorean even :D.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts