The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this on the floor of the Elise I just bought, but couldn't find where it goes. Anyone know if this came off from somewhere in the interior? Who knows, maybe it doesn't even have anything to do with the car :shrug: The pics aren't that great... the top of the cap has a straight screwdriver slot. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
That looks like the carpet hold-down screw. Hard to tell from the pics, so I'm making an educated guess.

There are 4 of them in the car, 2 for each side. They screw into the floor of the car and hold the carpets down. The carpets have a hole (2 per side) that you thread this screw through.

The original ones were silver. Looks like these were painted black. Each one has a single slot for a screwdriver or coin to loosen and/or tighten.

Regards,
Wayne

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Tesla part. That holds one of the batteries in.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That is the flux capacitor cover. Put it back on.
That explains it. I tried going back to last years Super Bowl to put a hefty wager on it, but instead, the wife and I ended up at Chic-fil-A :shrug: I didn't win any money, but at least the sandwich was good.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Usually this kind of plug is used to cap a watch battery or some sort of battery casing.
+1. that's what it is.

If I had a dollar, I'd bet it on that!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
+1. that's what it is.

If I had a dollar, I'd bet it on that!
If I had a flux capacitor I would go back in time and swap the part out and then make that bet with you and win your dollar.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts