The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 06 Elise and I have the problem when I hit the door unlock/ lock button on fob the pins on doors just go down and stay locked, had I break in car to get it open. I even took the module out and try testing the relay, one of them seems to throw less ohms then the other so assuming the relay is bad.

So question is there anyone on here that can fix these modules thank you

·
Administrator
1,457 Posts
Which direction are your door lock key slots? up/down or fore/aft

·
Administrator
1,457 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
This is a pretty straightforward DIY project. You need a good soldering iron and a solder sucker/remover. The hardest part is getting the stupid CDL out of the dash. There are several posts on this site detailing how to. Just google "Elise CDL site:lotustalk.com". Also, there used to be a guy on Ebay that would do repairs and send your CDL back. Pricey, but cheaper than buying a new CDL. I think I spent $8 doing it myself.

·
Administrator
1,457 Posts
I just bought the relays cheap insurance like AAA. If you have it you won't have a problem.....

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is a pretty straightforward DIY project. You need a good soldering iron and a solder sucker/remover. The hardest part is getting the stupid CDL out of the dash. There are several posts on this site detailing how to. Just google "Elise CDL site:lotustalk.com". Also, there used to be a guy on Ebay that would do repairs and send your CDL back. Pricey, but cheaper than buying a new CDL. I think I spent $8 doing it myself.
yeah I already have it out that's how I tested the relay, the hardest part was getting the foam out looks like it never came out before. I saw the guy on Ebay just shipping it across seas and back will prob take a long time trying to get this fixed sooner then that. I would love to do it myself but I'm not the greatest at soldering but ill give it a try if anything.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Atalanta Speedometer does!
I just sent them mine, BUT it seems I need a new actuator.
It costs $99 + shipping and they ship it back in 24 hours.
I used them also for my instrument cluster

1 - 9 of 9 Posts