The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Ive recently been stationed at dyess afb out hear in Abilene and was wondering if anyone is at or around here. I've just started looking into buying an Elise, probably 05, and I'm trying to learn anything and everything about them and about owning one. Also how do they stand up to Texas weather?

Thanks guys

·
Sold my Exige S
930 Posts
Myself and a handful of Lotus owners are about 2.5 hours northwest of you, but there may still be an Elise or two floating around Abilene. See this thread: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f109/moving-abilene-soon-61550/

These cars handle the hot Texas summers fine - and fare even better if you tint the side windows. Abilene sees some pretty dusty days in late winter and early spring when the west winds crank up, so keep these cars away from that. If you service the car yourself, you'll save loads of $$ and more importantly learn a wealth about the car in the process. If you get into tracking the car, esp in summer, then you'll want to consider an aftermarket radiator.

Hope you find a good '05. I was TDY at Dyess back in '05. Seeing the B-1s up close was my only fond memory!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts