The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
I can't make it to Squirrel Spur, but I might be up for a drive on the 23rd. Where were you thinking of going?

·
Registered
333 Posts
-poke- Are you still interested in going for a drive? I got a new-to-me Elise and want to test it out!

BTW, I saw your car several times this week (since I spent a significant amount of time at LOD)--looks good! It was in the detailing bay right behind mine. I didn't really go over and check it out, though.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I might still be up for Sunday. I am going to work on my cruise control install on Saturday and if that goes well I may head to the mountains on Sunday.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
hey docjay and loti of NC lets go to the dragon sometime soon maybe?

·
Registered
333 Posts
This Sunday (10/25) is supposed to be nice, let's do lunch and a drive! I'm rather new to the area so I'm not great at finding places to eat and fun roads to drive, but unless someone has a good idea how about meeting at Leesville Taproom (Leesville Tap Room) at 12:30, and then going from there? Anybody else want to meet? Got a better place to meet? I'm willing to drive, just let me know where and when!

·
Registered
158 Posts
If you ever wish to drive to cameron, NC I go driving on back roads almost every Sunday but not this Sunday as will be in Charlotte. Cameron is in the Sandhills just NW of ft Bragg and East North East of Pinehurst. We are halfway between Tramway and so Pines off US # 1.
I have the first Lotus that LOD supercharged last year.
Mort

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sunday Drive

Hey -
I am around on Sunday. Aaron you around?
Probably could not get to Raleigh in time.
Dragon is too far away, eh?
Maybe up to Parkway?
Ideas?
--Jay

·
Registered
333 Posts
Sounds good to me. I think the Dragon is too far for a day trip for me, really--five hours there and five hours back makes for a loooonnnnng day. But there are other mountain roads. We went up to Squirrel Spur which is a pretty cool one, lot less traffic than the Dragon too. Lots of fun roads up there.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Sat Aug 22 drive
or
Sun Aug 23 drive

????????
I have a 2005 elise (not YET supercharged) and will be moving to Greensboro area in January to work at the hospital there (physician as well!). Shoot me an email and we can talk more. Would love to meet up then for a drive and I could use someone more knowledgeable of the Lotus as I just got mine. :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
i am always up for a drive anywhere. but im getting close to my next oil change. id say about 400 miles or so. so if i go to raliegh and back thatll put me near... 100 miles left till oil change. unless we can do an oil change at someones house tomorrow. that would work. but if we go on a drive. let me know! ill make the trip.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Sunday (tomorrow) sounds good. Now we just need a sense of direction and meeting point.

·
Registered
99 Posts
We always have have room for one more. Join us!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Squirrel Spur near Meadows of Dan??

We could meet at 12:30 PM at J.P. Looney's on corner of HWY 68 and HWY 150 in Oak Ridge. Then head out from there.

Maggie--Have you done the Squirrel Spur?? It would be close from Oak Ridge.

09Elise--You can change your oil after the run at my house--We can do it in 30 mins---Get the K&N HP2009 and some 10W40 and we are set. I have the jack helper so it is easy.

I am getting a lift for Christmas so then we will do all our work here:)

Let's all meet even if we just eat lunch and ride around local.

Feel free to call me--

See everyone tomorrow???

Jay 336-225-4231

1 - 20 of 90 Posts