The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Places to get it serviced, good roads to drive, and any events in the area.

Also, if there is an active club nearby.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Good road - River road. Long twisting road along the levee. You can find great eats, great plantations and history along the road if your looking to drive for a while.

Clubs - just do the tourist thing on Burbon. Depending on your age, I can give you some further recommendations for local spots. The Boot was always fun for me and targest Tulane/UNO crowd.

http://www.goingout101.com/neworleansbars.htm (mostly tourist stuff)

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
if you find yourself wandering around the quarter look for the red exige on the 300 block of royal st. the owner parks there pretty frequently. i think the jewelry store near where he parks is his store. he might be able to give you info on NOLA service choices and other area events. if you are new to the area and have specific questions send 'em on. i spent about 22 years in the area and get back several times a year.

agreed on the river road but be aware there are often some really SLOOOOOW drivers out there. and it's still crawfish season!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I'm in Lafayette, I get mine serviced at Star in Houston once a year or so, but I will probably do the work myself after the warranty is up. There isn't much good driving (as you know, the road surface quality is crap), but some of the plantation tours have good winding roads along the river. I'll try to put together a list of recommendations. No active clubs that I know of, but most of the Lotus guys know one another, through SCCA autoxing or other track events (I have a Spec Miata that I run at the local roadcourse near Donaldsonville, LA).

·
Registered
560 Posts
I see guys from California recommending river road.
Obviously they haven't been down river road lately.
I would never run a Lotus down river road, unless I had to.

On the other hand, take a trip to New Roads, then get on hwy 1 and cross the new bridge that goes over the Mississippi river , into St Francisville. Be sure to stop at the Magnolia Cafe for a beer or some good food. From there you can go hwy 61 to Woodville, or Natchez........or you can run it back in to Baton Rouge and make a loop.

From Woodville there are lots of ways to make a loop back to Baton Rouge on long winding GOOD roads. You can come back up through Clinton La. Or go a bit further and hang a right in Greensburg (One of the best scenic roads I've ever been on) and come right back up into Denham Springs ( Greenwell springs road, way). It's an awesome drive, like riding through the woods on a good road.

By the way I drove Kwicker's car. First Exige I ever drove and it was fast as hell. Totally different from my NA Elise.
Night and day difference in 0-60..................which is why I have been forced to supercharge my car. lol

·
Registered
159 Posts
A bunch of us lotus owners had lunch at Hooters in Baton Rouge (pre-katrina), but after Katrina haven't met. Hooters roped off the front for our parking. Anyone interested? mark, 94 s4

·
Registered
111 Posts
baton rouge meet

Mark,

Do you still own a Lotus. I'm participating in a exotic car meet this Saturday. We are going to end up at Twin Peaks on Siegan Lane in Baton Rouge.
A bunch of us lotus owners had lunch at Hooters in Baton Rouge (pre-katrina), but after Katrina haven't met. Hooters roped off the front for our parking. Anyone interested? mark, 94 s4

·
Registered
159 Posts
LSU, yes, still have my 1994 S4 lotus. I was in N.O. just a few weeks ago for the game against Detroit in the Lotus. The crowd in the French Quarter seemed to like it, lot of photos taken by pedestrians.

Where is the starting point? What time?

THANKS, mark jeansonne 318-359-2303

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, I'm new to the Lotus scene and have yet to buy one. I'm leaning towards an Elise based mostly on pricing. I don't have any experience in one though..would anyone here like to share their hobby with me? I don't need to drive one, but I would like to see one up close and ride in the pass seat to see how it feels. I wouldn't need much of your time. Seems like 30 mins would be plenty enough time for me to get an impression of one.
I'm coming from a vette and concerned with the fr to mr handling like probably many others were when they started looking. I live right outside of New Orleans.
-Tim

Let me know if you wouldn't mind

·
Registered
159 Posts
Tim, I believe "LSU Dominates" will be taking his elise to the "Live Concours" car show in Baton Rouge, April 14 & 15. There are usually some elises and exiges (and esprits) at that car show. You should be able to get alot of info. there. Google in "Baton Rouge Live Concours car show" that should get you to the website of the car show.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tim, I believe "LSU Dominates" will be taking his elise to the "Live Concours" car show in Baton Rouge, April 14 & 15. There are usually some elises and exiges (and esprits) at that car show. You should be able to get alot of info. there. Google in "Baton Rouge Live Concours car show" that should get you to the website of the car show.
Good info, thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts