The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That can look at a car for me? I want to fly out there to check it out, but before I even get the ticket, I was wondering if anyone around there can check out the damage and tell me what they think about the car.

2007 Elise

This would be my first Elise and I'm looking for something that I can have some fun with on our little track here in Albuquerque. Like I said before in my newbie post, I drove a buddy's Elise and HAD to have one thereafter! :drool:

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
I am near there, but I think this car might have belonged to one of ET's members. Is the car in Rancho at the Lotus recycling place?

Let me know, I will look to see if I can find who I think was the owner.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am near there, but I think this car might have belonged to one of ET's members. Is the car in Rancho at the Lotus recycling place?

Let me know, I will look to see if I can find who I think was the owner.
I think so! Capital One Motors? I'd love to get some more info on it and find out if anything else was tweaked! :shrug:

·
Registered
725 Posts
I *think* this is the place ryoung is talking about:

# 11301 Dismantle Court
# Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
# (800) 783-4911
# (916) 638-5111

PS: is this place still open? I've never been able to get them to answer their phone... and last I checked, there was no answering machine. The old website is gone now,too.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess that's not it then. The car is definitely at Capital One Motors.

You guys know where that is?

·
Registered
23 Posts
As far as I can tell capital one motors is not part of the defunct lotus recycling in rancho. The place in rancho is now part of(or always was) a giant auto recycling yard called specialized parts planet. Capital one motors I believe is an outfit that buys wrecked cars at insurance auctions and sells them trying to make a buck. They have all kinds of high end cars for sale on ebay and are set up like "car source usa" was or still is(they change the name a little once in a while). I recently bought some parts from parts planet and there wasn't much left in inventory.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You're absolutely correct in describing how Capital One Motors works. They do zero work to the car and just turn around and flip it for a profit.

With that being said, whaddya think about the damage? -poke-

It looks like it's all fiberglass.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I could really use some help from someone on this!

I'm really just looking for someone to take 20 minutes out of their day to go check it out and tell me what they think, nothing too in depth, just whether it's worth my plane ticket to go out there and check it out personally.

:wave:

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Props on doing your research before your research :) hopefully someone from sac will chime in... maybe Terculees?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Props on doing your research before your research :) hopefully someone from sac will chime in... maybe Terculees?
Thanks! I really want this car, but it's a large sum of money for a salvage car. I just want to know what I'm getting into should I decide to buy the car.

·
Registered
386 Posts
You're absolutely correct in describing how Capital One Motors works. They do zero work to the car and just turn around and flip it for a profit.

With that being said, whaddya think about the damage? -poke-

It looks like it's all fiberglass.
If it was just the clam (i.e. fiberglass) it would not have been totaled. Hard to tell but it looks like that right front tire has too much negative camber. That would indicate bent suspension or (more likely) a bent frame.

A bent frame would total it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts