The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't recall my old Elise's windshield getting these may small chips. From the inside while facing the sun, it looks like a dirty windshield but it's actually dozens of small rock chips. And, I don't typically drive behind vehicles throwing lots of rocks (although that can't totally be avoided here in Phoenix, AZ).

Also, is it necessary to remove the front calm to replace the windshield - like on the Elise?

·
Registered
597 Posts
I would have said just the opposite, actually-- compared to my other moderns, the Evora seems to suffer less from microchips (to coin a term).

The extreme angle of the windshield would seem to make it somewhat less prone to taking hard blows from road junk. What is kind of alarming is when those stones etc hit the roof instead-- BANG! Now that's a noise that will get your attention.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
My Elise was awful with this...evora doesn't seem nearly as bad to me?

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Got a small pit in ours but it came from a solid impact with a small stone off a truck. We were following an idiot woman who "parked" herself in the kill zone just behind the truck she was very slowly passing. Human nature to be a deer in the headlights. Seen it a lot.

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I have a few tiny pits and now one small crack that I need filled... sad but it isn't a detriment to driving - it is lower left passenger side. Time to call safelight lol

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
It always hurts to see. I am going to have to ask my insurance company if filing a claim for a replacement windshield (a no fault issue) will raise my rates.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts