The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
I was planning to do the same thing but decided to go with Von Hep eliminator which come painted in black... you can buy one from blackwatch.
If you still wanna go with Sector's... I asked a friend who works at a shop about how to paint aluminum and he told me to sand the part with fine grit sandpaper and spray paint it.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was planning to do the same thing but decided to go with Von Hep eliminator which come painted in black... you can buy one from blackwatch.
If you still wanna go with Sector's... I asked a friend who works at a shop about how to paint aluminum and he told me to sand the part with fine grit sandpaper and spray paint it.
Thanks! Anyone know type of black paint matches the diffuser… fat, semi-gloss, etc.?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JOHN DEERE paint BLITZ BLACK (cxty25311) is a quality paint and matches almost perfectly...
I see that John Deere paint is great for areas that get really hot like and actual muffler… but wouldn’t regular paint do ok? I can’t see this Panel getting that hot, am I wrong?

·
Registered
208 Posts
It is not an "high heat" paint but a regular one, and the color will match...
Of course you could try any kinds, but I used "blitz black" when I modified the rear panel to fit a 2bular GT3 and I'm very happy with that paint...

Jean

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I used Krylon Semi-flat black and it's holding up great - I did wipe the aluminum down with Alcohol before using Krylon primer .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts