The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this topic has been discussed before but was curious as to the "current" consensus of buyers based on the rececnt reviews in the mags.

I only have one car spot allocated to me in my Coop development so anything I get has to be a daily driver. Also, I commute by train so I don't really drive a lot in the middle of the week. Still it will be my daily driver in all weather conditions.

Was wondering what the rest of you were buying the car for.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Daily driver, track duty maybe a couple times a year and more as I learn hopefully.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Oh please, not again...:)

Daily driver. It is only as impractical as my current dd - it will be no problem.

/me braces for the inevitable.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Daily Driver, occasional track use for driver development. Had an S1 as my daily drive for 2.5 years, it never let me down and I loved every minute of it.

Open the garage door every morning to go to work and GRIN like the Cheshire Cat, that's what life is all about.

:D

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
DD for me. We're keeping the Passat and going to sell the Acura to one of the local street racers!

We'll have one grown up car and one that ain't!

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Daily driver.

I've put 344,000 miles on my Miata as a daily driver, and I don't see anything about the Elise that would preclude similar use, with the possible exception of parking/security issues.

I haven't owned a new car in 15 years, so I'm having some qualms about getting dinged while being parked on the street or in parking lots. I'm also a little concerned about possible break-ins due to the exotic appearance of the car.

So, I may end up using the Miata for certain situations, but I expect that I will want to drive the Elise as much as possible.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's great to see that so many of you are buying this car as a daily driver :)

Thought I was going to be in the minority.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
I'm in. Of course, my commute is only about 10 to 15 minutes, so it's not like it would be a great hardship in any car.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Depends on how you define daily driver. :) I have access to a minivan for buying crap at Home Depot and Costco.

But... I will use the Elise as my only car in all other cases. Like was noted, it's not much different than my MR2 which I drove for 12 years. Except the Elise will have air conditioning and be quieter and I think actually a softer suspension.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
DD everyday that it there isn't any rain/snow/etc...

First trip will be to Roanoke, VA via the blue ridge parkway.
Second trip will be to the BMW factory in SC to crash the Z3/Z4 homecoming party.

:D

·
Registered
724 Posts
daily driver also. at least till school starts up again. then i take 2 kids to school on way to work. is it illegal to bungee chord kid to the front of car? i would tie him to back but heat from engine might be to much.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
mikester said:
Same here. Selling my Miata, the Elise will be my new daily driver.
Daily Driver here too. But I'm keeping the Miata for the really bad weather, and/or so my kids can drive it instead of the Elise...:no:

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
219 Posts
hogfan said:
is it illegal to bungee chord kid to the front of car? i would tie him to back but heat from engine might be to much.
Depends on the state. If you dress him in a deer costume and mount your shotgun in the back window of the Elise, it's perfectly legal in TX, I believe.

Either way, it's nothing a skateboard, helmet, and 20' of rope wouldn't solve.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Daily driver (but not much stop-go-traffic).

1 - 20 of 71 Posts