The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this topic has been discussed before but was curious as to the "current" consensus of buyers based on the rececnt reviews in the mags.

I only have one car spot allocated to me in my Coop development so anything I get has to be a daily driver. Also, I commute by train so I don't really drive a lot in the middle of the week. Still it will be my daily driver in all weather conditions.

Was wondering what the rest of you were buying the car for.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Daily driver, track duty maybe a couple times a year and more as I learn hopefully.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Oh please, not again...:)

Daily driver. It is only as impractical as my current dd - it will be no problem.

/me braces for the inevitable.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Daily Driver, occasional track use for driver development. Had an S1 as my daily drive for 2.5 years, it never let me down and I loved every minute of it.

Open the garage door every morning to go to work and GRIN like the Cheshire Cat, that's what life is all about.

:D

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Daily driver.

I've put 344,000 miles on my Miata as a daily driver, and I don't see anything about the Elise that would preclude similar use, with the possible exception of parking/security issues.

I haven't owned a new car in 15 years, so I'm having some qualms about getting dinged while being parked on the street or in parking lots. I'm also a little concerned about possible break-ins due to the exotic appearance of the car.

So, I may end up using the Miata for certain situations, but I expect that I will want to drive the Elise as much as possible.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Depends on how you define daily driver. :) I have access to a minivan for buying crap at Home Depot and Costco.

But... I will use the Elise as my only car in all other cases. Like was noted, it's not much different than my MR2 which I drove for 12 years. Except the Elise will have air conditioning and be quieter and I think actually a softer suspension.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
DD everyday that it there isn't any rain/snow/etc...

First trip will be to Roanoke, VA via the blue ridge parkway.
Second trip will be to the BMW factory in SC to crash the Z3/Z4 homecoming party.

:D

·
Registered
724 Posts
daily driver also. at least till school starts up again. then i take 2 kids to school on way to work. is it illegal to bungee chord kid to the front of car? i would tie him to back but heat from engine might be to much.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
mikester said:
Same here. Selling my Miata, the Elise will be my new daily driver.
Daily Driver here too. But I'm keeping the Miata for the really bad weather, and/or so my kids can drive it instead of the Elise...:no:

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
219 Posts
hogfan said:
is it illegal to bungee chord kid to the front of car? i would tie him to back but heat from engine might be to much.
Depends on the state. If you dress him in a deer costume and mount your shotgun in the back window of the Elise, it's perfectly legal in TX, I believe.

Either way, it's nothing a skateboard, helmet, and 20' of rope wouldn't solve.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Daily driver (but not much stop-go-traffic).

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.