The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is on the other side fo the country for me but I'm eyeballing it seriously. Anyone out in the Jersey region that has seen this in person (or would want to for me)?

Why has this been on the lot so long and not moving? Blue and N/A ok, but seems strange it has not sold at the current $62k price.

Tell me what you know!

Paint or interior blemishes?

Used 2012 Lotus Evora 2+2 IPS For Sale | Maywood NJ

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
I could take a look for you. Don't know anything about it, not crazy about the dealer but it is only 5 mins away.

If it makes you feel any better about the distance, I just bought my S from Portland, OR.
If you like it don't let distance be a deciding factor.

I'm away for the next couple of days, but I could look next week

Dave

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could take a look for you. Don't know anything about it, not crazy about the dealer but it is only 5 mins away.

If it makes you feel any better about the distance, I just bought my S from Portland, OR.
If you like it don't let distance be a deciding factor.

I'm away for the next couple of days, but I could look next week

Dave
That would be REALLY great if you could give it a good walkaround for me!!!! I'll ask the sales folks but don't trust they'd point out the little blemishes.

What was shipping? $2000?

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Shipping is closer to $1,000 unless you want enclosed shipping (less of a factor with ice gone). With only 15 miles there's not much they could have done to it. Looks nice. The optional red calipers are nice (wish I had those - going to paint mine), just paint engine cover red and it will look amazing. Since it is used, be sure to check on remaining warranty.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, good point on shipping this time of year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Drove 2 hours north to look at that one in March 2013. Got to dealer and battery was dead- they couldn't even jump it. From what I remember, the car looked great. They let me drive one of the other Evoras on the lot. I got a better price on a similar 2012 IPS (different color) from another dealer. I think this car was listed around $70K at this point, I offered 67 and he wouldn't even counter it. Went with the other car and haven't looked back. Now it's down to 62, so they probably wish they had this to do over, but good for the next guy.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Amazing to me these cars (or others) can sit on a lot for years and not sell. Just called World Imports and inquired about one of their new 2011's (Orange w/Oyster) that didn't have the tech package. Asking price $59,900. Abe out in California sold similar car with same options for $54,900. I offered $55K - he said no. So I'm still looking. Car has been there awhile as well. Hope you can find what you want at a price you are willing to pay!

James

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
That would be REALLY great if you could give it a good walkaround for me!!!! I'll ask the sales folks but don't trust they'd point out the little blemishes.
Lckitty,

I was passing through the area so I stopped to take a quick look at the car at Park Ave Lotus. I didn’t have time to talk with a salesperson, so I just did a quick walk around and snapped some cellphone pics. I found a few minor flaws but nothing major. The car has obviously been sitting and was dirty. It also was raining lightly, so I may have missed some things but this is what I found:

1. Cracked passenger A-pillar cover
2. Nick to starshield on nose (looks like it’s only starshield but hard to tell for sure)
3. Nick to lower starshield (or maybe its lifting) on lower edge of front lip
4. One small bubble in starshield on front nose.
5. Surface rust on brake “hub” areas.
6. Plastic windshield gutter (I think that’s what they call it) was slightly warped on driver’s side.
7. Drivers bolster has one light scuff (looks like it would buff out as no color was missing)

There was also an area on the bottom of the driver’s seat on the SuedeTex that looked kind of off to me. I don’t have SuedeTex, so I don’t know how it looks when you get in and out, but maybe it’s from rotating on the seat to get in/out? Someone with SuedeTex should know if it was normal and if it is just the way SuedeTex is.:shrug:

I did not see any wheel scuffs or other paint damage. But, like I said, it needs a good washing. MSRP on the window sticker is $84,905.

I can send cellphone pics if you PM me your email address.

Oh, and if you google it for a street view, it looks like the same car has been sitting there since August 2012…

Attachments

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love this forum! Thanks so much for the help!

Is that the steering wheel on the 2011s or the updated one? I can't tell.

·
Registered
676 Posts
wow 2011 CO is like a private eye!

what am i wearing now?

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll bet everyone here loves any excuse to go check out sports cars ;-)

11CO (note new callsign) happens to also be an exceptional reporter and I think a bit nitpicky like me. Thanks 11CO!

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
504 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm very impressed just reading through this post on the level of support people have for each other when it comes to our cars.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
This is a great and supportive crowd! I've learned WAY more here than anywhere else.

Anyone know when the steering wheel changeover happened? I thought it was at MY12 changeover but am not sure.

Attachments

·
Illegal Alien
5,280 Posts
Steering wheel changed in early '12 production. I posted the VIN number here somewhere. It is a VIN number after mine and a few more as we got the older wheels.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Found this on the Steering Wheel. Sounds like at 12.

"MY12 cars feature a different Steering Wheel Assembly (MY10/11 - Part Number D132U0206F, MY12 - Part Number A132V0378F) and Finisher Trim (Pre-MY12 - Part Number A132V0082F, MY12 Black Finisher - Part Number A132V0333F). IPS equipped cars are fitted with a different Back Cover to accommodate the paddle shift."

Steering Wheel - Evora - TechWiki

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
L

There was also an area on the bottom of the driver’s seat on the SuedeTex that looked kind of off to me. I don’t have SuedeTex, so I don’t know how it looks when you get in and out, but maybe it’s from rotating on the seat to get in/out? Someone with SuedeTex should know if it was normal and if it is just the way SuedeTex is.:shrug:
THe pics from the sellers web site do not show the same appearance of the drivers seat.

THe Suedetex has a nap like suede and can change the appearance if rubbed directionally. This photo from the quoted post doesn't reflect the normal nap appearance from getting in and out. It appears to me that someone spot cleaned the seat and didn't redirect the nap to match the rest of the seat.

Suedetex BTW is a great interior.

I love mine.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
THe pics from the sellers web site do not show the same appearance of the drivers seat.

THe Suedetex has a nap like suede and can change the appearance if rubbed directionally. This photo from the quoted post doesn't reflect the normal nap appearance from getting in and out. It appears to me that someone spot cleaned the seat and didn't redirect the nap to match the rest of the seat.

Suedetex BTW is a great interior.

I love mine.
Thanks! I am wondering how it handles water or worse stains? Does it hold up well?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts