The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
1.29 seconds faster lap than WHAT? faster than with NO wing? or faster than with a different wing? and which one?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This REPOST police is getting tiring....sorry. I for one cannot read and spend every second I have to scroll all the posts to make sure someone has not posted or discussed something.

I am sure many miss some of the postings here...so for those of us not living here. Please let us repost.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Aren't they lifting the wrong side of the wing on the turns to produce more down force? Wouldn't you want more down force on your outside wheel as that is the one that would start to slip first?

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Aren't they lifting the wrong side of the wing on the turns to produce more down force? Wouldn't you want more down force on your outside wheel as that is the one that would start to slip first?
Because of weight transfer, there already is more total force pushing the outside rear wheel into the road. The inside rear wheel gets lighter, so increased downforce on the inner wheel attempts to compensate. It probably also reduces body roll, preventing the outer wheel's camber from going positive...

I'd be more concerned that extra force on the inner rear wheel might "weight jack" the car, reducing downforce on the outer front wheel (potentially causing understeer).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts