The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not put my order in yet but would like to get feedback of the claimed "door rattle" as a result of the manual windows. Is this true? Anyone with a manual window Elise care to comment? Also, I wonder how much more quiet the touring package makes the cockpit. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated as these are my only concerns...

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
heatmiser said:
I have not put my order in yet but would like to get feedback of the claimed "door rattle" as a result of the manual windows. Is this true? Anyone with a manual window Elise care to comment? Also, I wonder how much more quiet the touring package makes the cockpit. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated as these are my only concerns...
I believe the Storm Titanium demo received by Mark Starr at Hunting Ridge in Ct. was shown (in a photo) to have the standard, cloth centered seats, interior. You might want to contact him. His vehicle did arrive with the hard-top.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Re: Re: Anyone take delivery of a non-touring package Elise yet?

Ridgemanron said:
I believe the Storm Titanium demo received by Mark Starr at Hunting Ridge in Ct. was shown (in a photo) to have the standard, cloth centered seats, interior. You might want to contact him. His vehicle did arrive with the hard-top.
Actually that car has the touring pack.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I hope somebody posts pictures from the BRG car at FVMC. BRG is what I'm going to specify when I get my call, and I'm not going to get the touring package.

If anybody is located around that area, I'd really appreciate the picts.

Barry

·
Registered
739 Posts
I had an S1 for 2.5 years with manual windows and they never rattled... believe me there will be plenty of other squeeks, rattles and groans but I didn't hear them coming from the windows.

It would be improbable that the latest mechanism (undoubtedly aped from that) would be much different. I think this is just tosh.

There will be more noise coming from the $25 of loose change that will lives under your drivers seat.

That said, some people had their window mechanisms fail on the earlier cars. Personally I think a large part of this was just abuse - or more accurately lack of empathy with a handbuilt Bristish sports car e.g. if the window is stiff and you just wind the bugger without wondering why then it's gonna break. Smart people used to open the door a tad for the final 1/2" when closing after fitting the roof for example.

If you can decorate, fix a leaky washer and maintain a woman I reckon you'll do fine with manual windows. Frankly I'd put my money on them over the handbuilt British electric variety!!!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
912 Posts
The window rattle was actually a problem with the door striker pin allignment/tolerence. This issue has been fixed. I agree with Paul_MD that the electric windows have a better chance of failing over the manual ones. Plus, the manual ones look so much better on the car.

Standard interior pics

·
Registered
91 Posts
Now if only we could change the interior color. I love the biscuit interior color of the touring package, but not the actual touring bits. Perhaps by the time I finally get the call, this will be an option.

Barry

1 - 9 of 9 Posts