The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to purchase an Evora next year when the S comes out, so my kids will be 7 and 2 at that time. Anyone use boosters or baby seats in the back? how well do they fit?

thanks

G

·
Registered
99 Posts
looking to purchase an Evora next year when the S comes out, so my kids will be 7 and 2 at that time. Anyone use boosters or baby seats in the back? how well do they fit?

thanks

G
i would goto a dealer with the seat's and test them out .
im sure they will be tite but maybe they will fit good enough .

mike

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'm #1 on the Evora S list at my dealership and I have been trying to prepare with the right car seat as well.

For reference, here are some images I took a few days ago with my current car seat in their Evora.

This car seat is precisely the size of the back seat. I can't fit a finger between the top of the seat and the roof of the car. FYI, it is not latched in in these pics - it's just sitting on the seat. This is the Cosco 22277CLP (if you want to look up dimensions) and is the same seat I used in both my Elise and Elan for my child.

Unfortunately, my kid's head is above the top of the car seat when he's seated, so this will not work in the Evora for me. He's 97th percentile in height so YMMV.

Here is a picture of my kid 5 months ago buckled in the back seat:

He *almost* would fit without a booster but, as you can see, the belt is going across his abdomen and not his hips so he definitely needs a small boost of some sort.

I was actually hoping to get this Recaro:
RECARO Vivo booster seat | Parent Reviews & Free Shipping
Especially in the Midnight Desert color since it looks like a good match for the Oyster interior, but according to specs it's even 2-3 inches taller than the one I have.

So, in summary, I'm not sure which to get yet. (Un)fortunately I have 6-7 months before the car will be here it sounds like, so that's plenty of time to find one.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Here are a few more pictures just to give you an idea of the fitment.

This picture is with the passenger seat in a position which I was still comfortable (6'0", 225 lbs) and the seat back. In actuality, my wife would be sitting there and she's shorter so the seat could go up more. My kid sits in his seat with his legs spread out off the sides normally, so he'd be fine back there I think.

Sorry about the picture quality, but all I had with me was my iPhone and it was in a dark area of the showroom.

For entertainment purposes, here is me sitting in the back of the Evora with the passenger's seat in place. It is in the same position as the driver's seat, which I first adjusted it to a position in which I could still effectively drive the car (again, 6'0" tall) and actually get in/out of the car as well (i.e., not so far forward that I couldn't get my knees around the steering column).

And for comparison, here is me in the back of my Elan +2 - Lotus' first 2+2:

Oh, and if you find a car seat / booster which seems to fit well, please let me know. :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've been putting my 6 yr old with just a booster and it seems fine. Shoulder belt does not go around his neck and lap belt is across his waiste. My 9 yr old just sits without a booster and it seems to be ok as well.

Hegg, you're a good guy to take all those pics and post 'em.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I've been putting my 6 yr old with just a booster and it seems fine. Shoulder belt does not go around his neck and lap belt is across his waiste. My 9 yr old just sits without a booster and it seems to be ok as well.
Can you tell me how tall your 6 year old is and which booster you have? My 3 year old is 41 inches.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Can you tell me how tall your 6 year old is and which booster you have? My 3 year old is 41 inches.
Wow, you weren't kidding about your kid being tall. Mine is 46.5 inches and his head still clears the ceiling with the booster on. Here are some pics. Forgot to make him put his belt on, but you get the picture.

The booster is an old cheapie Cosco unit.

Attachments

·
Registered
478 Posts
Excellent, thanks! And yes, my kid is tall. My plan is to have this Evora for 10 years which will be right about when he hits puberty and will force my wife to sit in the back. :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
I was actually hoping to get this Recaro:
RECARO Vivo booster seat | Parent Reviews & Free Shipping
Especially in the Midnight Desert color since it looks like a good match for the Oyster interior, but according to specs it's even 2-3 inches taller than the one I have.
I tried our Vivo in one at the dealer (no pics unfortunately). It was very tight, both in height, and in how much closer it puts the kid's head to the back of the seat in front. I really think you need a backless booster.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks hegg for all the pictures.

I'm 6'0", 170 lbs but my 6 yr old is also very tall. I think your son would be fine in just a booster.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Oh and I also meant to comment that I can't fathom any conceivable way that a rear-facing baby seat would fit in the back. I really doubt you could make it fit forward-facing either just because they're too horizontal. Even with the front seats all the way forward, it would still be tough.

·
Registered
478 Posts
thanks hegg for all the pictures.

I'm 6'0", 170 lbs but my 6 yr old is also very tall. I think your son would be fine in just a booster.
No problem on the pictures. I look for any excuse to get down to the dealer and look at the Evoras. I wish I hadn't already committed to ordering an Evora because now I have no reason to justify going for another ride in the car.
"Yeah, I'm still undecided.... can I take it up the canyon again just to be sure?"

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ok, so I made up another excuse to take the car for a ride. I bought this booster (converts to backless) yesterday and took to the dealer today:
Evenflo Big Kid Booster Car Seat - Sun Flier - Evenflo - Babies "R" Us

Here is the booster in the car, him sitting, buckled up. Fits perfect!

Here's us both in the car pulling out of the parking lot. Fits nicely.

After the test drive I took the booster out and buckled him in. Still just barely not tall enough, but getting close. The passenger seat is in a position which I could (barely) get in and feel comfortable. My wife would be comfortable.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Anyone use boosters or baby seats in the back? how well do they fit?
Our little girl is 3, and we just use a Graco Turbobooster seat for her in the back of the Evora. It fits fine, but it does partially block my view out the rear. It stays in the Evora all the time, so am I used to it now.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.