The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone is using the S111 CRD mount with a camcorder.

If so, how do you mount the camcorder? Velcro or screw? If screw, what would be the right size?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Camcorders use a 1/4-20 thread

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where can I buy the screw? Home Depot? Or regular normal electronics store?

Sorry for the basic question, but first time using camcorder in my car, ever... lol

·
Registered
580 Posts
Any hardware store should have the correct 1/4-20 bolt/screw in whatever configuration you like.

Note: Be VERY careful to measure the depth of the tripod threads on the camera before bolting it into any mount. If you screw something in too far, chances are you'll break the mount base. You'll want to use a relatively short bolt and space it to the proper length with however many washers are required.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I've actually thought about mounting something like this to the bottom of my V1.

I've got one of Randy's ChaseCam mounts (see pic, minus lipstick cam obviously) on my track bar and I'd like attach something to the bottom of the V1 that would screw onto the top of the mount. You know those boards in Home Depot or Lowes that have threaded tubes so you can test the size of a screw? Imagine one of those glued (would that work? Superglue?) to the bottom of your V1.

Any idea on what I would have to buy to do that?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
I have V1 mounts in stock that are made for that mount. :)

We don't offer them for sale.. but I can send you one. It is what I used on my Elise back when I had one.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Randy,

You are the man!

Can I paypal you something for it?

Thanks,

Rich

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Sure, cover shipping would be nice. I will send you a pm.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Where can I buy the screw? Home Depot? Or regular normal electronics store?

Sorry for the basic question, but first time using camcorder in my car, ever... lol
You can get the proper thumb wheel type screw at any camera shop. I use the CRD mount with the V1 using velcro and the cam corder using a thumb wheel screw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts