The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
do as i did, download it and print as required.
save the sections and eventually you will have both a hard copy and a pdf copy you can put on a chip and have it with you always.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
yeah, you pay $25 to download the manual. Then save the files onto a disc. Take disc to Kinko's and they print the whole thing double sided with holes punched in the pages in minutes. Buy a folder, and voila! Hardcopy. I do not remember how much it was but I think it was around $40. So, the download and the print was less than $100.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Hey, do you realize the manual in that ebay listing is not a hardcopy???

"Manuals are in high quality PDF digital format which is viewable with adobe reader, a free program available for both PC's and Mac.

Manuals are fully indexed/bookmarked for easy navigation and are issued via email."

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
Do not purchase pirated copyright infringing copies of the service manual please.

Instead pay $25 and download a copy from Lotus Lotus Subscribe. The $25 allows you 24 hour access to the site in which time you should easily be able to download/save each section of the manual even if you are on a dial-up connection (ask how I know :D). $25 one time fee. You do not need to continue to "subscribe" for $300 or $1200 or even another day at $25.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
The downloadable service manual is the same service manual that the Lotus techs have. It does have many illustrations but what has the most detailed illustrations is the parts manual. Using both together you can pretty much figure out most things, if not all.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Just a note about the Service Manual.

The Lotus manual covers the entire car (including wiring diagrams), but does not cover engine and transmission internals. It does include Lotus specific info about the engine and transmission (ODB-II codes and cures for example). But the actual engine and transmission manuals are Toyota products and have to be downloaded from the Toyota website (if you ever plan on getting into the internals of the engine/transmission).

I've done both - but everyone should download a copy of the Lotus Service Manual for the $25, even if you never plan on working on the car yourself.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Is the "Parts Manual" something that needs to be ordered from the dealer? I have found the downloadable service manual to be pretty lacking myself. I can't imagine that being the only documentation available to the Lotus service techs.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Is the "Parts Manual" something that needs to be ordered from the dealer? I have found the downloadable service manual to be pretty lacking myself. I can't imagine that being the only documentation available to the Lotus service techs.
The service manual that you can download from LCU is THE factory Service Manual (it is what you would get if you ordered it from the dealer - at great expense) - there is no other manual that I know of (or anyone else as far as I know). The parts manual is just that - an manual of "exploded views" of sections of the car and all (most) of its parts (with the part numbers and quantities listed). There is a "sticky" near the top of this section of the forum that points to where it can be freely downloaded - although it is an older version so it probably doesn't have the superchargers/etc. in it...

·
Registered
2008 Lotus Exige-S 240
1,408 Posts
I have the printed service manual from Lotus... question... does anyone have anything newer than 2007 in their manual? I got mine in 2008. Not much changed except for the ride height adjustability, the CDV, adjustable traction control controls... just ask'in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts