The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of upgrading my brake system. Is anyone using the Alcon kit from Frocedfed. Any feed back on what others using would be appreciated. Pros, cons etc.. Looking for something for track.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I keep hearing that there is little value to upgrading the calipers, they should be your last concern. Pads should be your first, followed by stainless steel lines.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Thinking of upgrading my brake system. Is anyone using the Alcon kit from Frocedfed. Any feed back on what others using would be appreciated. Pros, cons etc.. Looking for something for track.
Not only do we sell an Alcon kit we use them (racing) as well. If you are still on stock brakes you are not going fast enough. :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not only do we sell an Alcon kit we use them (racing) as well. If you are still on stock brakes you are not going fast enough. :D
Can you buy the kit without the brake lines and fluid. I already have ss lines.
If so how much would it be.
What is the differance between your kit and Forcedfed's.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Can you buy the kit without the brake lines and fluid. I already have ss lines.
If so how much would it be.
What is the differance between your kit and Forcedfed's.
Yes
Call for pricing.
Not certain. Maybe nothing.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm still on stock brakes with the Lotus. On my old S4 I went with stoptechs, but many people went with alcons. The downside of those is that the selection of pads (the last I heard) was significantly less than other options like brembo or stoptech (which uses a standard porsche pad).

My plan is to upgrade the rotors and pads and leave it alone. Brake less not more.

·
Registered
723 Posts
I'm still on stock brakes with the Lotus. On my old S4 I went with stoptechs, but many people went with alcons. The downside of those is that the selection of pads (the last I heard) was significantly less than other options like brembo or stoptech (which uses a standard porsche pad).

My plan is to upgrade the rotors and pads and leave it alone. Brake less not more.
Pad selection: Cobalt, Ferodo, Raybestos, and Porterfield are options. You will not find a better race pad today than Cobalt. Ferodo 2500s are the best street pad going. See...pads are not in fact limited.

(If you were going faster you would indeed need to brake more!)

·
Registered
723 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts