The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Be the first. H&r makes a great product. Btw do you have a link to the product info.

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
I cant comment on the Elise suspension, but I had a HR cup kit on my 2001 Jetta. It was great when I bought it. But it continually got softer and softer or less travel. Whatever you want to call it.

But the end of about 12 months the ride got so harsh that even a small bump would take the wheel of my hands and knock stuff all around the car.

It then progressed that while on a trip up to Auto Europe. I went over an expansion joint bump on Interstate 75 and my front top suspension bushings broke. I had to pay Auto Europe to fix them so I could get home back to Buffalo.

It broke a second time and I took the whole setup off the car. Put on Eibach springs front and rear with the stock shocks.

Now I understand that I did have it on my car for about 12K miles and a year...but I would expect a suspension to last longer.

Now I honestly do not remember if I called HR to see if they could do something for me...but I think I did but I am not sure. In any event I did just chuck the parts into the garbage. It was a waste of money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts