The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With my realization that my car probably won't be her until October(hopefully) I'm thinking LOG would just not be the same as it would w/ my car.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
It would be a long walk. :)

I could not make it to LOG regardless since it conflicts with SCCA Nationals. But if I was thinking of going, I am sure I would not if my car was not there. I said the same thing about WCLM and still ended up attending because of the generosity of Kiyoshi and Clyde from Lotus USA.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
But JD,
Most certainly their'll be demos from LCU, I know Clyde and Mark O will make sure of that.

You can always catch a ride with some of the ones who will have cars. LOGs are always a lot of fun, I've been to four or five.
Chris

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
I'm hoping my car is here and I am able to get away from work... but at this point I doubt either will happen.

I wouldn't go if my car wasn't here.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
JD,

I went to WCLM w/out an Elise and had a ball. I say attend LOG. It's cool to be amongst Lotus fanatics. Plus I think Chris (zvezdha1) offered let all of us drive his Elise. ;) :D

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
shinoo,
I fully intend just to leave the keys in the car at the hotel entrance for anyone so inclined to drive it!:p

Shinoo has to come with all his goodies for sale too!

Chris

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shinoo said:
JD,

I went to WCLM w/out an Elise and had a ball. I say attend LOG. It's cool to be amongst Lotus fanatics. Plus I think Chris (zvezdha1) offered let all of us drive his Elise. ;) :D
thanks for the advice Shinoo et al. I'm just betting that if I buy a ticket to Bham now for a reduced fare, that my car shows up at the end of August.

·
Registered
368 Posts
For those who don't have the info - the 411 - when is LOG and the SCCA nationals? Where are both?

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOG is Sept. 10-13th, so nationals must be Sept. 11th and 12th- just a guess.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
For a number of us, Nationals also include the weekend prior when the ProSolo Finale is run and Nationals Warm Up practice start. So Nationals is then Sept 11-17.

It might be possible to blow of the earlier stuff and make it to LOG, but it would be nuts to drive to the east coast for LOG and then drive back to Kansas in one day. :eek:

Nationals- 1200 drivers in a multitude of classes. The best autocrossers in the US converge in Topeka to compete over a 4 day period. Support from various manufacturers like Toyota, Subaru, Dodge and tire companies Kumho and Hoosier.

For some of us, it is something we never miss.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I thought so, we have a DE on Sept 10-12 at Heartland Park in Topeka, some of you should come early and drive the track that Friday. It's a blast! We also have a Club Race over Halloween weekend. More info on www.kcrpca.org

1 - 12 of 12 Posts