The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just converted my elise to LED tail lights. Anyone want the ones I took out? They're in good condition. I also have some parts left over from my Katana2 install, parts of airbox, snail, etc.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just converted my elise to LED tail lights. Anyone want the ones I took out? They're in good condition. I also have some parts left over from my Katana2 install, parts of airbox, snail, etc.
I'm thinking about doing this too. Can I ask where you sourced your LED lights from?

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Yes, I would love your old tail lights! I would like to try to convert them to LED, from a regular bulb.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jonathan, I got them from British Racing Group. They took about two months to get because of a back order from Lotus. My car already had HID headlights and LED front parking lights (the white ones near the headlight) and the flasher module that came with the kit didn't work. It worked okay with the headlights off, but with the headlights on, the flashers blinked really fast. I replaced it with the flasher module from superbrightleds. The part number is in the forum here somewhere. Just search for it.

Adder, send me a PM. Make a reasonable offer and pay freight and they're yours.

·
Such Administrating
6,798 Posts
Ouch.

I'm still waiting on someone to make these cheaper. No way in hell do they cost anywhere near that to make them. I bought oem looking led tails for the bmw for $120 and there is alot more to them than the lotus. A manufacturer in china needs to take this project on so we can start buying these for much cheaper. They would sell like crazy if someone took on the project.

Yes the led tails look 100000000 times better, and I really want them, but I can't justify the cost.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think there's that much of a demand for them, since only the 05 cars had incandescent tail lights. That being said, I don't think the price is that bad for not having muck about with anything. They just bolted/plugged in.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I have a set laying around as well. Tried to black them out and didn't turn out all that well. If anyone wants them for cheap as a 'black 'em out' project, ping me.

Oh, and yes $1000 for LED tails is a crime. I just couldn't justify spending 1/28th of the value of my car on a modification that doesn't improve performance or my personal comfort or specifically, something I can see. They look cool, but it's like Christmas lights on a cul-de-sac. You are spending the time and money putting up cool lights for someone else (not you) to see! :)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, my big thing for it was not having to change light bulbs again. That's the real benefit to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts