The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone want to meet-up at Symbolic on Sunday, August 8 2004? (was August 1)

Hi SoCal Elisetalkers!

It had been suggested in a couple of threads about going down to Symbolic to see their Elise. Is anyone interested in doing this? I think my friends (2) and I will go down on Sunday morning to see the Elise. If anyone else is interested in meeting-up, I can call ahead and warn the Symbolic folk that X number of people are coming to see their car.

BTW, I am not going to "push" to get a test drive in it. I'd like to see it and get a feel for it. I know they're busy and I want to respect their time and business operations.

Please post below if you think you might make it. I'll call Symbolic if there's going to be more than 6 of us and let them know that a small group might gather. And after, maybe lunch?

Bob

Edited 12:28 PM PDT: Date revised to August 8 due to availability of Symbolic's demo Elise.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I'm a definite "maybe" ! Sorry for the indecisiveness, just not sure yet if I can make it or not. Will know and let you know, soon.

Thanks for the post and the idea.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Will it be a bit like this, just without Chris:eek:

I will be in the UK, so count me out:)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
A fine idea. Better for Symbolic who can plan the visit and knock out X visitors in one morning. Better for us because we're likely to get more face time and a warmer reception.

Hopefully they don't recognize me as the Sorrento Valley stalker. :)

I'm in.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
See you guys there.

Shinoo,
RC is pretty comical. I think he has a small ____. (fill in the blank)

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Bob,

I know you mentioned La Valencia, but that's a bit too upscale for me. Got to save for that elise :)

We've already gone to Brockton Villa (although we could do that again). There is also brunch at Top of the Cove from 10:30am onward...that has a great view and isnt too pricey ($10-$15).

Alternatively, we can go cheap and meet at a bagel shop :D

Or we can go to lunch instead.

What are people thinkin? We can go to my place afterwards for a bbq!

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
PICTURES!!!

I will be out of town in wonderful Eugene Oregon.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
Bob,

I know you mentioned La Valencia, but that's a bit too upscale for me. Got to save for that elise :)

We've already gone to Brockton Villa (although we could do that again). There is also brunch at Top of the Cove from 10:30am onward...that has a great view and isnt too pricey ($10-$15).

Alternatively, we can go cheap and meet at a bagel shop :D

Or we can go to lunch instead.

What are people thinkin? We can go to my place afterwards for a bbq!
I agree with MW. Valencia... that just sounds too expensive... F#ck that! I am on the noodle diet right now, need to eat for cheap please. For me food is a by product...:D

Neil

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Little Bastard said:
food through me is a by product...:D

Fixed!

Brockton is a great place where you can eat cheap if you like. Parking can suck a little though, but it's worth it.

Damn...I still think of it as the Pannikin.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
For decidedly downscale, and really casual, there's The Pannikin on Girard, just up the way from Symbolic. It doesn't have a lot of space though, and IIRC it's just bagels, baked goods etc. But the coffee is good !!! Does Brockton Villa serve Pannikin coffee ?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Revised date: August 8 (Sunday)

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the confusion. I spoke with Mike at Symbolic and he tells me that his demo is still un-PDI'd. He expects that the demo will be available next week. Can we reschedule for August 8?

Here's what I thought we'd do: We can meet-up at Symbolic at 11:00 AM on August 8. (That's when they open.) I'll bring a few dozen Krispy Kreme donuts. After Symbolic, we'll all head over to Brockton Villa for lunch? Or if MW is offering a BBQ, I can stop and get hot dogs and hamburgers. How's that sound for a plan?

Bob

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Mike, I think they still use Pannikin coffee. It was good, as was the breakfast we had. I like it because it's casual but nice. Overlooking the cove.

I might be able to make the 8th.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Re: Revised date: August 8 (Sunday)

rtking said:
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the confusion. I spoke with Mike at Symbolic and he tells me that his demo is still un-PDI'd. He expects that the demo will be available next week. Can we reschedule for August 8?

Here's what I thought we'd do: We can meet-up at Symbolic at 11:00 AM on August 8. (That's when they open.) I'll bring a few dozen Krispy Kreme donuts. After Symbolic, we'll all head over to Brockton Villa for lunch? Or if MW is offering a BBQ, I can stop and get hot dogs and hamburgers. How's that sound for a plan?

Bob
Oh, man, that's the day after my birthday... I might be a little... well, I'll leave it up to your imagination. :D

Neil

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Where "un-PDI" means they're not done driving them up and down the street with big ol grins, their eyes wide with glee, giving the ECU lots of stuff to record before erasing it back in the bay.

That PDI?

"Pedal Down Inspection"

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
WAG-

Post Delivery Inspection

1 - 20 of 83 Posts