The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted today (12-8-04) around 1:15 pm on going east on Hwy 237 near I-880 (Milpitas CA, coming from Sunnyvale) - SY Elise with CA plates 5KEZ***.

They headed onto N I-880...

Anyone here?

Passenger looked at me an smiled when I waved.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I often drive 237 in my SY (from 101 to 880) but that wasn't me and that's not my plate num.

I have yet to see/spot another Elise on the road (other than that group drive) :(

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Doma,

When I came up behind the car I thought it might be you. But, when I pulled along side it was clear it was someone I've not met.

ChrisB,
LOL! Actually I've driven that stretch of I-880, it's not too bad in the Elise. They've done lots of repaving. The WORST I've hit so far is a stretch on I-20 east of Birmingham AL and the 710 in LA. On both I had to keep my jaw clinched to prevent dental damage!

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
That's my commute and Elise color, but it wasn't me either. At the moment my plate is 5KLP***, but hopefully JOES111 will arrive soon. (I have JOES11 on my Eleven).

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Hey that would have been me!
I was bringing my wife up to the VW dealer in Fremont to pick up her beetle (also yellow) after it had a service.
Kiyoshi, what were you driving? She never mentioned that she saw another elise. Although she gets a bit embarassed being in the car sometimes with all the attention it gets ;)

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TinTin

I followed you for a while and then pulled to your right near Zanker, but I could only see your wife & your hands on the wheel. so, I couldn't recognize you. She did look a bit embrassed. :)

I was incognito... drving my tow vehicle, a nice "Contractor" white F150 w/ a "gotta-love-the-torque" engine (see http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=128531#post128531).

Hope you got back before the big rain!

Cheers!
Kiyoshi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts