The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Saffron Yellow 05 Elise Turbo
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I hope this is an ok place to post this, I skimmed the new member forum section and didn't see anything against it. I'm a long time lurker but first time poster here. I've wanted a lotus for a few years now, and I'm finally in a financial position to pull the trigger on one. I've done a lot of research on common issues and things to look for when inspecting a car. The only thing I haven't done is actually sat in one.

Is there anyone in the MD area who would be willing to let me ride along for a short drive or even just sit in one? I would be happy to compensate you for your time. The closest one at a dealership to me is 2.5 hours away up in PA so I was hoping I'd find someone a little closer. Just want to make sure I fit comfortably before I buy plane tickets to go check out one which has piqued my interest in Florida.

Thank you

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi,

I hope this is an ok place to post this, I skimmed the new member forum section and didn't see anything against it. I'm a long time lurker but first time poster here. I've wanted a lotus for a few years now, and I'm finally in a financial position to pull the trigger on one. I've done a lot of research on common issues and things to look for when inspecting a car. The only thing I haven't done is actually sat in one.

Is there anyone in the MD area who would be willing to let me ride along for a short drive or even just sit in one? I would be happy to compensate you for your time. The closest one at a dealership to me is 2.5 hours away up in PA so I was hoping I'd find someone a little closer. Just want to make sure I fit comfortably before I buy plane tickets to go check out one which has piqued my interest in Florida.

Thank you
I am located in Northern Va. Depending on your location I wouldn't have a problem meeting you. I owned a 2006 elise and now own a 2006 exige.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I'm located in Columbia. I wouldn't mind driving down to Virginia to meet you, or whatever is most convenient for you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Erm, not quite yet I don't think. I think I need 5 posts to do that, and I'm brand new.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking at an elise, probably an 05 or 06. I initially looked at Exige's, but I felt like I'd be more comfortable at least initially with the extra rear visibility the elise has. Also the wife liked the elise better haha.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Looking at an elise, probably an 05 or 06. I initially looked at Exige's, but I felt like I'd be more comfortable at least initially with the extra rear visibility the elise has. Also the wife liked the elise better haha.
What color and do you plan on doing some regular maintenance? I do on mine so I can help you out with some tips if you do plan to.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The one I've been looking at is saffron yellow, and yes I was planning on doing the maintenance myself. I'm fairly mechanically handy, so except for anything really major I was just going to do it all in my garage. Any tips would be greatly appreciated though!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was really hoping you were in California! I've been thinking about selling my '06 Elise, and passing the car to a new-to-the-brand enthusiast would have been the ideal way to part with it.
Good luck with your search, and keep posting to the forum about your adventures and questions!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am near Columbia in Brookeville and can help if you are interested in the Evora or an Esprit. I also run the local chapter that has owners of the entire Lotus range for owner support down the road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts