The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have around 15k down payment i can loan the rest of it, im just getting sick of my rx8 and selling that to get a more gas efficient sport car. I live in western ny and will pay for shipping etc. if anyone wants to chat email or post. I am looking for any year i have been a exige fan for awile and i guess i just want my dreams to come true, so i am working hard for it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you think it could have been salvaged then repaired, now he is trying to sell it because he has a baby comeing?

also says: Salvage due to theft recovery through Farmers Insurance Auction

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
reading this website Salvage Title Cars - Theft Recovery it says When a vehicle is stolen and missing over an extended period of time (usually 3 weeks minimum) the insurance company will pay off the original owner, thus giving it a "total loss" status. Technically the car may not be damaged at all, but because it was paid off it will receive a salvage title. Often times these cars are kept in excellent shape because the thieves steal them to re-sell out of the country, or they attempt to re-VIN the vehicle. This is done by removing the original VIN plate from the dash area and replacing it with an arbitrary VIN that does not show up stolen. Usually they will try to get the vehicle out of the country so that it can be exported to an unknown buyer.

could this have been stolen and then they put down salvage?

·
Registered
831 Posts
It could have had magic pixie dust sprinkled on it, and the insurance company could have had it carefully stowed at someone's house, oil levels checked, and paint buffed every night. Or not. That's why the value of the car is lower than a car that's been in good hands and can prove it. You pay less and take more chance it's a dog, that's it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thank you i guess its in bad shape i dont get why they dont put pictures up showing it was damaged.. and who wants to pay 31k for a salvage? good thing i come here first.

·
Super Moderator
6,572 Posts
thank you i guess its in bad shape i dont get why they dont put pictures up showing it was damaged.. and who wants to pay 31k for a salvage? good thing i come here first.
31K for a salvage is insane. I didn't pay much more for my fully loaded 2007 Exige S with a clear title.

San

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Maybe because they're trying to sell the car? Lol.

"hey wanna buy my car? Yeah I totaled it a few months ago and it's been declared worthless but don't you worry--my brother's neighbor helped me put it back together, and he knows cars!".

Yeah I wouldn't buy it either.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Actually, no, most will loan money on a recon'd vehicle. It helps to have good credit and sometimes you have to put collateral against it though. I have bought 4 or 5 recon'd vehicles in the last couple years and only 1 I paid cash for.

99.999% of banks will not issue a loan on something with a salvaged title.

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
Actually, no, most will loan money on a recon'd vehicle. It helps to have good credit and sometimes you have to put collateral against it though. I have bought 4 or 5 recon'd vehicles in the last couple years and only 1 I paid cash for.
Isn't there a difference between a reconstructed title and a salvage title? ;)

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
Isn't there a difference between a reconstructed title and a salvage title? ;)
Depending on the state, no. Here in the Midwest most salvaged cars carry a title that says "prior salvage". Anything after that is irrelevant. Could be an entirely different deal elsewhere.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I dont want a wrecked lotus exige what i really want is to get my hands on a used exige i have over 20k and can get a loan on the other portion I admit im 24 years old, young and stupid to spend money on sport cars for how the economy is but i take care of my stuff. Anyone willing to bargin with me is alright just give me a message I think I can work things out.

Getting a exige to me is like someone getting a dream car or house that they have always wanted for years, i just hope i can get my hands on one. I am passing my rx8 gt to my friend for 11k so if I can get a exige and then me and my friend can have nice cars that we really like.

If anyone want's to contact me easier my skype name is Deadly.Crow im from new york and I will be on here to check out messages and feedback on a daily.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts