The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a 2012 Evora S that I am now told will finally be arriving in July. Wondering if anyone here already has a 2012 model and, if so, what has your experience been? Thoughts on "upgrades"? Any problems or complaints? Thanks.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
rare cars

I wonder how many Evoras were produced before and since the shut down. Not even sure how many Evora have been produced in total over all production years. I know Lotus had production goals of @ 1500 to 2000 world wide per year, but I doubt Lotus met those goals.
makes me wonder "how rare are our cars":shrug:

·
Registered
837 Posts
2012 IPS Evora

Placed a deposit 11 May 2011. Arrived yesterday. Hope to drive it home later next week.

·
Illegal Alien
4,613 Posts
Yes, was on wait list with deposit May 2011, physical order August 2011 got the car in Febuary; refer to Sig.

Search engine should pull up many more MY12's

·
Registered
498 Posts
I Placed my order for an S in November 2011. Was informed the car is in production and should be delivered late June. Of course I was also told March, April & May....etc. Good things are worth waiting for - so I've been told.
^ Very nice collection of Toys. :)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Placed a deposit 11 May 2011. Arrived yesterday. Hope to drive it home later next week.
Congratulations Dick. It seems like you have been waiting for the Evora for-ever.... You'll truly love it after driving the Elise. Place some photos when she arrives. :UK:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2012 Evora S GP and I absolutely love the car - make sure to get the back up camera - congrats it will be worth the wait (I ordered mine in November of last year)

·
Registered
143 Posts
RWLott, I believe (99.99999%) I seen yours at the Lotus of Cleveland building, Black with the cognac leather interior... looks sexy as hell!

They had the new 2012 Evora S in Nightfall Blue there which I went to see as it is the only vehicle they have for Lotus since their selling spree.

I was surprised to see that there isn't any more 2 tone dashboards.

I also see that they wont budge on the S :(

·
Registered
837 Posts
New Car

RWLott, I believe (99.99999%) I seen yours at the Lotus of Cleveland building, Black with the cognac leather interior... looks sexy as hell!

They had the new 2012 Evora S in Nightfall Blue there which I went to see as it is the only vehicle they have for Lotus since their selling spree.

I was surprised to see that there isn't any more 2 tone dashboards.

I also see that they wont budge on the S :(
Yes, that would be ours - it arrived late last week. Waiting on star shield. Hoping to drive it home this week? The salesman sent a phone photo upon arrival. Will provide better photos when we get it home.

We drove up to look and brought the owner's manual home to study.
My favorite feature of the Elise was the dome light switch position wired into the security system. A feature on this car that makes me chuckle is the fact it will not play a DVD unless the emergency brake is on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
The new system won't? My Alpine will play the DVD it just wont show the picture without the break being engaged.

Though it isn't hard to bypass this. :D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Yes, that would be ours - it arrived late last week. Waiting on star shield. Hoping to drive it home this week? The salesman sent a phone photo upon arrival. Will provide better photos when we get it home.

We drove up to look and brought the owner's manual home to study.
My favorite feature of the Elise was the dome light switch position wired into the security system. A feature on this car that makes me chuckle is the fact it will not play a DVD unless the emergency brake is on.

Congratulations! It looks phenomenal! Marco who is doing the Ventureshield does awesome, and is 100x better than Star Shield. He has done several of mine and his work is flawless.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts