The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a favor if someone is within driving distance. Thanks!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I am 10 miles away, though i dont have my elise yet, that comes i was told on the 18th of this month to the port, then 2-3 weeks after that i will have it,
what do you need done?
Laura

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yay! Responses.

Here is what I need done. There is a custom swaybar guy there named John. The company is Saner Performance Fabrication. I have been talking to John about making us a custom front swaybar for the Elise.

He needs to look at the car. Maybe 20-30 minutes of time to take some measurements.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I googled his address and its not that far off of i-95.

I go around there about once a month to visit relatives and can stop by the weekend after my car arrives, unless someone else gets a chance to go sooner.

Laura, I thought your car was coming in before mine, but mine is at the port already. Glad to see that you survived the hurricane.

Master, I sent you a PM about a week ago- We live in the same town!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I'm stuck for the next 2 weeks I can't make it there but after that I should be able to drive up on a Saturday so if no one gets their car in the next 2 weeks I'll be glad to drive up and let him measure my Elise.

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is the link-
http://www.sanerperffab.com

HOME OFFICE
1449 SW FLOUNDER LANE
PORT ST. LUCIE, FL 34953
PH / FAX 772-873-0238

SHOP
1753 S.W. BILTMORE STREET
PORT ST. LUCIE, FL 34984
PH-772-873-9222
FAX- 772-873-9228

Owner is John Carlson. He has been providing custom swaybars to many racing teams and many models of cars. I worked with him on the MR2 Spyder.

He said he would be happy to meet someone at the shop on a Saturday.

There is no big rush to get this done. It's just one more step to making this car a dominating competitor in SCCA. :)

By the way, the plan is to look at possibly replacing the stock front bar with a custom hollow bar that has a slightly larger diameter. There are some possible limitations that may make a hollow bar not workable. A hollow bar can save a lot of weight though.

In any case, we want to end up with a custom bar that has some adjustability to it's stiffness but with the ability to gain a little front end stiffness (which should reduce some of the oversteer also).

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
When I went to visit Mitch from Race and Prestige (HermansLotus) in NJ a few months ago, he mentioned that they were working on swaybars too. I'm not sure if they were for the front or the rear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
the closest elise is juno beach yellow with a hard top (i think his name is steve) the next closest is palm beach gardens red (tom)

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
Randy: I sent you a response to your PM about an hour ago before seeing this thread.

Sorry I didnt see this sooner. I will print out this info and call John tommorrow about stopping over there

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks!

I would very much appreciate it, and it will be a good thing for all the Elise owners looking for alternative upgraded swaybars.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts