The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone actually have this exhaust? Looking for some feedback.

I love the sound of my Larini exhaust when I'm pushing it hard...but it drone pretty badly on highway (I wear earplugs). And I've been getting complaints and flagged for noise at a couple of my local tracks. So I like the idea of switching when necessary.

Can't find any user feedback on these exhausts...and I bit pricey to just go out and buy on a whim

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have this exhaust and I really like it. It is supposed to default to the loud setting when you start the car, but for some reason mine does the opposite. I must have wired the unit wrong when I did it. Haven't had a chance to investigate. There is a distinct difference between the loud and quiet settings, but I don't think the loud is over the top at all. The quiet setting seems similar to stock, but with a nicer tone. Unfortunately I don't have any videos of the sound readily available. I intended to do before and after videos, but only got around to doing the befores...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have this exhaust and I really like it. It is supposed to default to the loud setting when you start the car, but for some reason mine does the opposite. I must have wired the unit wrong when I did it. Haven't had a chance to investigate. There is a distinct difference between the loud and quiet settings, but I don't think the loud is over the top at all. The quiet setting seems similar to stock, but with a nicer tone. Unfortunately I don't have any videos of the sound readily available. I intended to do before and after videos, but only got around to doing the befores...
Thanks for the input. I did end up ordering one during the black Friday sales. Ended up saving a few bucks. So I'll find out first hand soon enough.

Did you notice any performance difference switching from loud to "quiet"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the input. I did end up ordering one during the black Friday sales. Ended up saving a few bucks. So I'll find out first hand soon enough.

Did you notice any performance difference switching from loud to "quiet"
Awesome. I Hope you enjoy it!

I'm not sure that I can feel a difference between the modes, but I probably drive a bit more 'assertively' when it is making more noise. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts