The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Anyone with Larini Group "N" Assy Valved Exhaust Elise/Exige?

4K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  mullaccmnod 
#1 ·
Does anyone actually have this exhaust? Looking for some feedback.

I love the sound of my Larini exhaust when I'm pushing it hard...but it drone pretty badly on highway (I wear earplugs). And I've been getting complaints and flagged for noise at a couple of my local tracks. So I like the idea of switching when necessary.

Can't find any user feedback on these exhausts...and I bit pricey to just go out and buy on a whim

#2 ·
I have this exhaust and I really like it. It is supposed to default to the loud setting when you start the car, but for some reason mine does the opposite. I must have wired the unit wrong when I did it. Haven't had a chance to investigate. There is a distinct difference between the loud and quiet settings, but I don't think the loud is over the top at all. The quiet setting seems similar to stock, but with a nicer tone. Unfortunately I don't have any videos of the sound readily available. I intended to do before and after videos, but only got around to doing the befores...

#3 ·
Thanks for the input. I did end up ordering one during the black Friday sales. Ended up saving a few bucks. So I'll find out first hand soon enough.

Did you notice any performance difference switching from loud to "quiet"

#7 ·
I have this exhaust as well, but I went a different route for the controller, as I was not a huge fan of the remote they provide. I also have the Lotus cup intake which does not have the flap valve on it. This means I have a stock electronic solenoid (VSV) that was is doing nothing at all. I ran my own wires to this solenoid and hook the exhaust vacuum tube to it, so now the stock solenoid controls the exhaust. Just for the extra OEM looking touch, I have on order a 3 light switch panel (A121U0091F), as well as the auxiliary light switch(A117M0056F), and will be using that switch to control the exhaust.

I am still waiting on the 3 light switch panel, but in the mean time I just drilled a hole in the old panel and used that for the switch. I am very happy with the install and think it is a nicer look and higher quality than what comes with the exhaust, at least in my opinion. I got a bit off topic, but wanted to share.

#8 ·
I have this exhaust as well, but I went a different route for the controller, as I was not a huge fan of the remote they provide. I also have the Lotus cup intake which does not have the flap valve on it. This means I have a stock electronic solenoid (VSV) that was is doing nothing at all. I ran my own wires to this solenoid and hook the exhaust vacuum tube to it, so now the stock solenoid controls the exhaust. Just for the extra OEM looking touch, I have on order a 3 light switch panel (A121U0091F), as well as the auxiliary light switch(A117M0056F), and will be using that switch to control the exhaust.

I am still waiting on the 3 light switch panel, but in the mean time I just drilled a hole in the old panel and used that for the switch. I am very happy with the install and think it is a nicer look and higher quality than what comes with the exhaust, at least in my opinion. I got a bit off topic, but wanted to share.
That sounds like a really nice and clean solution! I like the idea of the stock switch. My car has the driving lights, so that switch is currently in use for me.

I agree that the remote isn't the nicest looking. It doesn't match the car at all. I don't carry it around. I just leave it in the cubby to the left of the steering wheel.

#10 ·
#14 ·
Hello all, I had installed a Top Speed system on my Elise and loved the way it sounded around town. My intended usage is as a "touring" car as I can not ride my motorcycle any longer due to some vertigo issues. Just returned from my first 2000 mile road trip and the car was an absolute blast, but the exhaust was just too much on the long straight roads between the twisty parts (finally resorted to ear plugs). I am considering this valved set up from Larini and would also really appreciate some feedback on how loud it is in the "quiet" mode at highway speeds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.