1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Hard to tell without seeing more data, but obviously the mileage. An '07 with only 8,000 miles? Car was hardly driven. Perhaps it was a track only toy? If so, you want to investigate that.

A 2010 with 30K miles suggests it was a daily driver and you'll obviously want to inspect that.

The fact they are both at Lotus dealers is a good thing. Perhaps you can get a forum member nearby each to take a look for you?

·
Registered
992 Posts
I rarely see any Exiges with over 15K miles, so I don't think the low miles is an issue. I bought my '08 with 3500 on the clock and my '07 with 6000 on the clock. I think I've only heard of or noticed 3-4 Exiges with over 30K miles, although it's not like I'm keeping track. A 2010 with 30K miles is definitely a rarity. The cars are so impractical that most people use them as weekend only cars - if that.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
they both look like nice cars too me. THey are at "dealer" prices though and I think each is several k too expensive. All else being equal, Id probably take the white one. The milage wouldent worry me a bit if the bodywork is clean. It must have been a daily comuter. THe owner must have quite a high pain tolerance.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,644 Posts
I rarely see any Exiges with over 15K miles, so I don't think the low miles is an issue.
rotfl I know of at least a couple that have around 60K on them and still tearing up the tracks. rotfl

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
But it's true that that is not common. My Exige has 50k+. I agree both cars are priced with haggle room.

·
Registered
553 Posts
if I had to choose, I would choose the white one... I would try to haggle down the price though.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
The low miles don't say track car to me, they say second/third/fourth/etc. street car. I drive mine when it's nice out and unless we do a road trip I might do 2,000 miles a year or so. Lots of owners use them this way, so the 7,500 miles looks right to me on that '07.

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
The low miles don't say track car to me, they say second/third/fourth/etc. street car. I drive mine when it's nice out and unless we do a road trip I might do 2,000 miles a year or so. Lots of owners use them this way, so the 7,500 miles looks right to me on that '07.
I agree. I'm the third owner. 1st owner put little mileage on and the second owner used the car as a daily driver. I have other toys so my Exige S is seeing far less mileage than it used to, similar to yours. When you have several toys it's hard to put a lot of miles each of them.

San

·
Premium Member
5,194 Posts
Low miles is a pretty common thing on a Lotus. I do about 2500 a year on my '05. The most important thing to do is to have a Lotus qualified shop perform an inspection and ECU dump/analysis. Cost is about $250.00 to $300.00 and is well worth the investment.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Low miles is a pretty common thing on a Lotus. I do about 2500 a year on my '05. The most important thing to do is to have a Lotus qualified shop perform an inspection and ECU dump/analysis. Cost is about $250.00 to $300.00 and is well worth the investment.
Since these are both at Lotus dealerships, might be worth asking if they have already done the ECU dumps

·
Registered
553 Posts
dang... you guys really don't drive it that much. I had it for 2 weeks and rode 2000 miles on it haha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts