The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine just moved there for 3 months. Is there anything to do over there? I'm originally from the other side of the state. I think Bell's brewery is around there, and shouldn't be far from sand dunes or Lake MI. If you have any good ideas let me know. She is a mid/late 20's fitness buff (training for a marathon) who is into wine, cooking, and.... well I'll leave it at those things. lol

And no, I'm not hooking her up with any of you scoundrals! lol

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
My reporter's previous station was in Grand Rapids.....I'll ask him.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Frederick Meijer Gardens and Sculpture park is supposed to be nice. They just built a new museum downtown. She should have a meal or two at Bistro Bella Vita downtown for nice atmosphere and great food at a very reasonable price. The Rotini Con Polo is fantastic.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Rob Bell's church, Mars Hill, is in Grand Rapids... http://www.marshill.org

They are doing some absolutely incredible outreach, especially to the local community.

Whether you're friend is a Christian or not, it would an awesome opportunity for him to get involved with something bigger than himself and really make a difference in someone else's life.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys, I'm sure she will appreciate it.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
My reporter's previous station was in Grand Rapids.....I'll ask him.

Oooooops, he was from Lansing. Sorry, I'm no help at all. :(

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well thanks anyway :)

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
About the only real thing to do in GR is go to church (not that there's anything wrong with that.) It's a pretty conservative town (again, nothing wrong with that.) However, in the summer Lake Michigan is only 30 minutes away and there are plenty of decent ski hills up and down the coast of LM for the winter. Michigan State U is about 1.5 hours East, so there's that. And as was pointed out, Grattan Raceway is only 45 minutes NE.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts