The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked Tirerack as I'm close to needing rear tires and it appears the AO48 LTS is no longer being produced. I know there are many other options and cheaper as well. However, the fronts are in great shape and would easily last with another set of rears. I don't want to change models or brands at the same time. Does anyone know a source for 2 new rear AO48 LTS? Otherwise I may just have to go for 4 new Toyo 888r.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe I posted incorrectly as I never saw in NEW. Not sure why this forum operates as it does.
It appears the OE tire AO48 LTS is out of production with Tirerack selling the remaining few on hand. Have you find that true or do I need to find another source for purchase? It appears the AO52 is it's replacement. Interesting the treadware went from 60 on AO48 to 200 on AO52.

·
Registered
494 Posts
The treadwear rating is provided by the manufacturer. Based on friends reports, the A052 would be closer feel to a "100" as such..

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,214 Posts
age of tires = age of tire compound = the grip the tires will create.
best advice: 4 new tires.
there are plenty of tire options today to replace the AO48

·
Less is Better
2,695 Posts
So AO48 LTS is out of production?
They appear to be out of production. They are no longer listed on Yokohama's web page. However, you may have luck finding tires in stock from other vendors like Discount or Les Schwab.

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
THey were dead 10 years ago. great for a few days then turned into hockey pucks. So faster than a R888 for first few days then R888's last twice as long in the usable zone, which basically means to the bars. Have run them bald on my Evora.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
I just purchased the A052s over the remaining A048s last night to match up with my new RAC Monolites which are on the way. All to be delivered Monday next week. I didn't want any clearance issues so decided to order in the factory stock 2006 Lotus Elise LSS sizes. According to tirerack the front A052 tires are a pound lighter than the A048.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts