The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've searched, I'm sure I've seen this, but I have not been able to relocate. Questions: What are good operating temperatures for AO48s? I am interested in track temps for mortals. Also track temps for teeth gritting, almost in flames, rubber and brake dust spraying folks also.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
how hard did you look?

-poke-

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Advanced Search, Suspension (incl tires, etc.) key words "AO48" and "temperature". Any help making the search more specific or broad or what is needed will be appreciated. :confused:

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ace10. Nuthin' more fun than learnin'!

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seriously, I (obviously) have little idea how to really use the search function after more than a year onboard. Where might I read the details of properly using this search function? It is constantly pointed out that people should use it properly.
Anyway, thanks for the help. This helps me put my measurements from VIR last week into perspective. This was my first time using a pyrometer.

LF 26.5psi hot 192 187 187

RF 26psi 185 185 183

LR 29psi 198 194 196

RR 29psi 190 185 185

Comments?

·
Registered
109 Posts
depends on....

Tire temps will depend on the track lay out and your driving style. If you have mainly right hand turns that are long you will put more heat in the left front and so on. Tire preasure will also dictate heat. Make sure you cheack the heat over the whole tire. There has been talk of Co2 as the gass will lower tire temps but it is not worth getting the tangsand so on, same with nitrogen.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts