The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was some question about if the LSS wheels were different because of clearance problems with the Track Pack setup and the included AP Brakes. (I did a search and could not find where the discussion was. Let me know and I will move this...)

The original and current LSS wheels fit over the AP Brakes supplied with the Exige S 240.

Original LSS wheels (front) 16 x 6.5 inches wide fit. 2008 Exige wheels (front) 16 x 6.0 inches fit.

I note an aftermarket supplier of the AP Brake kit requires a 3mm spacer to clear the caliper.

Michael

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
There was some question about if the LSS wheels were different because of clearance problems with the Track Pack setup and the included AP Brakes. (I did a search and could not find where the discussion was. Let me know and I will move this...)

The original and current LSS wheels fit over the AP Brakes supplied with the Exige S 240.

Original LSS wheels (front) 16 x 6.5 inches wide fit. 2008 Exige wheels (front) 16 x 6.0 inches fit.

I note an aftermarket supplier of the AP Brake kit requires a 3mm spacer to clear the caliper.

Michael
Lotus modified the AP Big Brake Kit after its original introduction and fitment on the '07 Cup cars. Your 240's brake kit has a thicker alum. hat (~2-3mm -- the equivalent of a spacer) than the original big brake kit so that the LSS wheels will fit. Your lug bolts are also ~ 3mm longer than the ones used on previous model year cars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts