The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AP Racing 308mm Big Brake Kit - New

What do you do when you the fiancée buys you a birthday present that really rocks? Sheepishly admit that you already bought yourself the same thing without her knowing.....

So, on the forum they go so the money can go to other upgrades.

This is your chance to upgrade your Elige to a AP Racing 4 pot calipers (7635) and 308mm rotors without shipping costs from Europe, US duties, your state's sales tax, and the delay in shipping across the pond.

This upgrade makes a big difference on the car and this is very, very similar to what the S240 and S260's shipped with. The rotor is slightly different from the factory parts.

Brand new set of AP Racing 308mm fixed hat rotors
Brand new set of AP Racing 4 pot calipers
All of the associated hardware including stainless steel brake lines and bolts....

The only thing that you will need is a set of brake pads.

In the name of transparency, installation requires changing the brake lines to banjo fitting lines (included) which means removing the front clam.

Current price from Europe is $2250 plus shipping (~$100) and taxes (about $250 by the time the state and feds catch up with you) for a total of $2600.

Lotus factory price is over $5000 if you have a dealership order them if I remember correctly.

First person at $2200 via Paypal (friends and family or you pay fees) takes them shipped to the lower 48 United States.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2008 Lotus Elise SC and 2007 Porsche GT3
853 Posts
For an Elise, front clam removal is optional. I had a set installed and the installer did not remove the clam.

·
Registered
'07 Exige S
370 Posts
Couple of questions

1. Will these bolt up to the stock OEM front hubs? Or is an adapter bracket required?
2. When specing pads are you basically looking at pads that would fit on an S240/S260 four pot caliper?
3. Rotors fit a stock OEM wheel bearing from an '07 Exige?
4. I assume there are two bleeder screws (inner and outer).

Thanks,
Henry
'07 Exige S

·
Registered
'07 Exige S
370 Posts
Another question

If I were to install these up front I would plan on moving my front 2 pots to the back (don't know what your setup is).

Would I have to upgrade the master cylinder or put in some type of biasing valve?

Thanks.

Henry

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Henry

1. Yes they will bolt to the front existing hubs. I didn't need any adaptors.
2. You will look for pads for the 308mm rotor. Blackwatch Racing for example lists them as "Cup Big Brake" size. Inokinetic also lists them as "Cup" size
3. Yes they will fit stock 2007 Exige. They fit my 2006 Exige without any changes to the wheel bearing.
4. Yes there are two bleeder screws.

Additional question. I did the same and moved my factory front 2 pots to the rear using BOE's adaptor bracket. I did not change the master cylinder or add a biasing valve. BOE makes a bias cage that I have been looking at also but I haven't "needed" it that I have noticed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts