The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just gauging if this is something you guys would be interested in. But we have a bunch of left over rotors from completing some racing set ups for Audi S4s and it appears that the rotors will in fact be comparable for use on Elise/Exige cars. They are custom rotors that only we carry and are AP racing J-Hook 26mm width rings. The outer diameter is 304mm and would be suitable for 16" and larger wheels. If their is any interest I would like to gauge it by this forum thread. The rotors would come complete with bolted assembles and with anodized 2024-T351 racing competition bells.

Thanks, any questions comments please post or PM.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'd be interested in this. Question: if these are custom rotor sizes, how difficult would it be in the long run to get a replacement set when it comes time to replace the rotor rings from AP?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Interested -- possibly.

Do these fit the bells on the Track Pack AP brakes? Will the Track Pack calipers need to be spaced out (new adapters or just a hardened washer)?

However, I believe our brake balance already is too front biased so larger diameter front rotors will make this worse and require more brake work such as larger rear rotors, different rear calipers, bias adjuster valve, etc.

My $.02+

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be interested in this. Question: if these are custom rotor sizes, how difficult would it be in the long run to get a replacement set when it comes time to replace the rotor rings from AP?
They would be readily available here in the US. This is a custom rotor we stock here for Audi Rear upgrade kits and there are always some on the shelves especially since this is used on are shop race car.

interested
It will be great if it fit Lotus Sport/S240/S260 AP Brake 4-pot Caliper

BU
No, the pad depth on the 2pot calipers is larger than the 4 pot calipers. This would be strictly for 2pot AP calipers and Brembo calipers with a D50 pad.

Interested -- possibly.

Do these fit the bells on the Track Pack AP brakes? Will the Track Pack calipers need to be spaced out (new adapters or just a hardened washer)?

However, I believe our brake balance already is too front biased so larger diameter front rotors will make this worse and require more brake work such as larger rear rotors, different rear calipers, bias adjuster valve, etc.

My $.02+
No, they are different bolt pcd sizes so they would not work. If bias is a concern we could offer a 4 piston caliper upgrade with smaller sized front rotor to adjust the bias whichever direction you guys feel needed. These rotors are bolted vs floating and only 36 vane so that is also something to consider. I will entertain any ideas or options you guys would like to see. We have many custom brake kits on the market directed to racing and motorsport and just recently finished kits for the B8 S4 and the B5 S4 for time trials and street circuits. I was mearly seeing if a rotor this size was something of interest to the Elise/Exige crowd.

It could be used 304 in the front and rear or 304 in the rear with a smaller rotor in the front or 304 in the front and a larger one in the rear. You guys let me know and Ill work out something if there is interest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts