The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got everything loaded my my W2k system. I have Apache (2.x) & PHP (5.x) running but I have no clue how to get MySQL (4.x) working with it.

There's a thing to run PHP with MySQL :

By using the --with-mysql[=DIR] configuration option you enable PHP to access MySQL databases.
But where the hell does it go?

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Lotus Fury said:
I've got everything loaded my my W2k system. I have Apache (2.x) & PHP (5.x) running but I have no clue how to get MySQL (4.x) working with it.

There's a thing to run PHP with MySQL :

But where the hell does it go?
that's a compile option, you shouldn't have to worry about it with windows, unless you plan on compiling it yourself... in which case, good luck.

If I remember correctly, everything should just work (that said, my memory is pretty shoddy). You should see if "phpmyadmin" is available for windows and then get the mySQLCC (control center) for windows. These are GUIs for php & mysql - they should help you out.

don't know if that was any help. Why in the world would you be doing that sort of stuff on a windows machine anyway?

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Re: Re: Apache, PHP, MySQL setup help

BrianK said:
that's a compile option, you shouldn't have to worry about it with windows, unless you plan on compiling it yourself... in which case, good luck.

If I remember correctly, everything should just work (that said, my memory is pretty shoddy). You should see if "phpmyadmin" is available for windows and then get the mySQLCC (control center) for windows. These are GUIs for php & mysql - they should help you out.

don't know if that was any help. Why in the world would you be doing that sort of stuff on a windows machine anyway?
You f#cking computer dork! :D

Neil

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am trying to run phpMyAdmin & it's saying it can't get MySQL running. phpMyAdmin is written in PHP so it doesn't matter what platform it runs on - I searched for a few minutes on their website for a windows version before I realized that.

I am setting up a Calender & "Car of the Day" feature for the Pgh region. Both are easy to do ONCE you have DB connectivity.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
hmm.. I tried to get mysql running on a windows machine... once. So this is where my help ends.

I can tell you that in Linux, there is a file in /usr/bin called "safe_mysqld" that starts the mysql daemon. You also need to make sure that the permissions of the mysql executables and directories are correct (something that is not set up properly out of the box & will cause mysql to not start at all until it's fixed). I don't think this is an issue in Windows, but possibly. See if there's some sort of "safe_mysqld" on your computer. When all else fails, RTFM.

Again, I don't see why you would do this in Windows. My guess is that your web server is a windows machine? .... interesting. ;)

... and yes, I am king dork. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts