The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
none of the fast drivers I know have used theirs more then a few times before selling them. You see a lot of them for sale used right away. Take those two facts as you will.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So with me being a slow driver it might help! But only for a little bit....

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,377 Posts
I thought about one of these and didn't go in that direction. For me it came down to that product seems to learn how fast you can drive the car around a corner and I'm not positive how well it can determine if you're actually close to the cars limits or just your limits. For the price it is not much more to step up into something from AIM and you can look at data and compare to others. Maybe the used ones are cheap enough to be worth it though.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Kind of seems like a waste of money to be honest. I use Harry's Laptimer and the crappy gps signal of my phone...and pull data from that on charts to start getting more consistent. I will usually overlay my best lap over laps from my last session and then start tracking how much speed i'm carrying through each turn and how many lateral g's i'm pulling. This helps me get more consistent...and once I get the consistency down, I can try different things. I'm just novice-intermediate level...and that's good enough for me for now. I know the phone's gps acquisition isn't super accurate...but I'm not really chasing tenth's yet.

Then I watch a bunch of videos from people who are faster than me to find out where I can improve. I search for equal level cars...not guys with a z06, gt350, 911, gtr, (although if I remember, you have like a rev400 kit or similar...so you might be in that area) etc...For me it's usually understanding the brake zones and not over-slowing my car. It helps me understand the best line through a corner....the more data they have displayed, the more it helps. It also helps when they have their mod list...most importantly the tires.

If anything, I'd buy an external gps and sync it with harry's. Spend the money on actual events so you can gain experience.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts