1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got around to installing the Bluetooth OBDII adapter on the Lotus
Use obd ii to check your service engine light | GoPoint
Using the DashCommand iPhone App
DashCommand iPhone Hardware - Palmer Performance Engineering, Inc.
On my Pioneer headunit which has the App Radio features
AVH-P8400BH - 2-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver with 7" Widescreen Touch Panel Display, Advanced App Mode, Built-In Bluetooth®, and HD Radio™ Tuner | Pioneer Electronics USA

Install was super easy and everything seems to work as advertised

If you do not have a Pioneer radio which supports app radio dashcommand will run just fine from your iPhone.

have not had much time to test(too dam hot here) but here are some pics

IMG_1339.JPG

IMG_1340.JPG

IMG_1336.JPG

IMG_1337.JPG

IMG_1344.JPG

The guages are all configurable and can make your own or download hundred of pre-made guages

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
some more screens!!!!:clap:

IMG_1345.JPG
This is one of the track screens. will map your car around track graphing pre-chosen parameters

IMG_1342.JPG

IMG_1341.JPG

View attachment 188480

IMG_1346.JPG
Switch I installed to bypass the need for parking brake to be on while in appmode. Can use navigation and all features that would normally require putting on the parking brake

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
You da man!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Wow!!! I would not even know what to do with all those read outs. I need to upgrade my stereo to yours. That look so cool, I would still need to figure it all out. When you are over 55, some things take longer to understand.
Ron:shrug:

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Wow!!! I would not even know what to do with all those red outs. I need to upgrade my stereo to yours. That look so cool, I would still need to figure it all out. When you are over 55, some things take longer to understand.
Ron:shrug:
Yes Ron, the world becomes less familiar.

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You do not have to have the Pioneer radio for this. Everything will display just fine to your iPhone, iTouch, or iPad.
The OBDII reader plugs into the OBDII port and connects via bluetooth to your iPhone.

In truth I'm not sure how much use I will get out of the setup, but it sure looks cool:popcorn:

·
Registered
396 Posts
In truth I'm not sure how much use I will get out of the setup, but it sure looks cool:popcorn:
^This. It looks to be worth the price of admission for this reason alone. The dial screen somewhat reminds me of the all-digital dash display on the Aventador:

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^This. It looks to be worth the price of admission for this reason alone. The dial screen somewhat reminds me of the all-digital dash display on the Aventador:

I have never see a GTR in the flesh, but some of the screens look like that of the GTR's I have seen in reviews.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
some more screens!!!!:clap:

View attachment 188477
This is one of the track screens. will map your car around track graphing pre-chosen parameters

View attachment 188478

View attachment 188479

View attachment 188480

View attachment 188481
Switch I installed to bypass the need for parking brake to be on while in appmode. Can use navigation and all features that would normally require putting on the parking brake
So with this set up, you can get a readout for the water temp. What about oil temp or pressure?
Ron

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So with this set up, you can get a readout for the water temp. What about oil temp or pressure?
Ron
Planning on playing around with the system later today. But to Placks point, If there is not sensor for the ECU to read it then I will not be able to get the info.
Will post any new info with pictures

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Planning on playing around with the system later today. But to Placks point, If there is not sensor for the ECU to read it then I will not be able to get the info.
Will post any new info with pictures
I just ordered this OB II Wi Fi Code Reader:

Amazon.com: BAFX Products (TM) - ELM 327 Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light and other diagnostics - Android compatible: Automotive

I plan to use it with the Torque Pro Android App, to access many of the hundreds of Real Time data items available on my Evora.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en

Does anyone know if is possible to display the data screens, from the Wi Fi OBD II Reader, onto the Lotus Stock Alpine head unit, in addition to or in place of onto the Android Phone, like Chhirowolf has done with the Pioneer head unit ?

·
Registered
7,131 Posts
Our culture needs head units that will "parrot' our phones and devices, showing exactly on the headunit's screen what the phone displays.

Side rant: And put them where they are very easy to see and touch. Devices are here to stay. Make them easier, safer to use.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
I just ordered this OB II Wi Fi Code Reader:

Amazon.com: BAFX Products (TM) - ELM 327 Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light and other diagnostics - Android compatible: Automotive

I plan to use it with the Torque Pro Android App, to access many of the hundreds of Real Time data items available on my Evora.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque&hl=en

Does anyone know if is possible to display the data screens, from the Wi Fi OBD II Reader, onto the Lotus Stock Alpine head unit, in addition to or in place of onto the Android Phone, like Chhirowolf has done with the Pioneer head unit ?
You're kidding:shrug: The Alpine ca Display nothing, it is hardly capable of getting ist own Navigation Screen to work.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Great thread. I have ordered my navigation update for my Pioneer which also enables Advanced App Mode as well as an OBD2 Dongle, will post results and pics.

·
Registered
246 Posts
what is the update from pioneer? is this a software update or hardware? I have dash command with the go point obdII and works great on the iphone, but would be nice to have it on the car screen

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what is the update from pioneer? is this a software update or hardware? I have dash command with the go point obdII and works great on the iphone, but would be nice to have it on the car screen
The Pioneer unit has to have the ability to do "App mode"
I'm not sure any of the AVIC units have the App Mode

·
Registered
246 Posts
Mine doesn't. Did you change the head unit from stock and if so which one and how difficult is it to change. Thanks

·
Disciple of Chapman
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Mine doesn't. Did you change the head unit from stock and if so which one and how difficult is it to change. Thanks
My car did not come with the tech pack. I had the single din Alpine Unit. The head unit is not that big of a deal. The rest of the install can get involved.

This is the headunit I ended up getting
AVH-P8400BH - 2-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver with 7" Widescreen Touch Panel Display, Bluetooth®, HD Radio™ Tuner, and Advance App Mode for iPhone® 4S and iPhone® 4 | Pioneer Electronics USA
it has many of the features of the AVIC units and all the features of the APP Radio. It turns out to be a good compromise of the two and is pretty inexpensive, about $600 USD

1 - 20 of 41 Posts