The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise 111S
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new Apple iTag cost $30 dollars about the size of a of a quarter. It works with the Find My I Phone app and can be tracked supposedly all over the world till the replaceable battery die, Apple says about a year. I’m going to hide one in my Elise so if takin I’ll be able to find it (show the cops where it is. What do you think? Whenever someone else (dealership, repair person, etc.) drives your car you can track it.

·
Premium Member
2007 Elise
405 Posts
its a great idea - low price lo-jack kind of system - it works off the Apple ecosystem - meaning that it piggy backs off of other i-devices that have connectivity. I want to say apple mentioned something about using it for car tracking (like not to) but I havent done too much digging yet.

·
Registered
2020 Lotus Evora GT - Vivid Green
380 Posts
A lot of people are doing this.

Reactions: GoGo3 and Devilstar

·
Registered
2005 Lotus Elise 111S
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
It should be fine if it’s not moving. I’ve heard a moving car doesn’t do too well showing location in real time.
I once forgot and left my phone in my wife’s car I discovered it when I was using my iPad and the find my iPhone app I called her to let her know the phone was in her car and could she please bring it in the house when she gets home. Just for fun a tracked it and it did show her clearly moving through town and down the highway, it was pretty accurate. Even while she pulled up into the driveway.

·
Administrator
11,114 Posts
Those Tiles are great! All of our keys and wallets have them. I rarely use mine but SO uses hers 6-7 times a day. Now if they just had one for a brain....lol

Reactions: GoGo3

·
Registered
14 Posts
It's certainly not as cheap as a Tile or the iTag tracker but I use a Zubie, which plugs into the OBD. Not only does it send notices when my elise starts or stops a trip, it keeps trip data and monitors daily / twice daily as to location (with map), which also includes data on battery status. More than once it's got me to motivated to plug in the trickle charger before a problem as I watch the daily drain if not driving. Zubie.com.

·
Administrator
11,114 Posts
How much to tiles cost and are they compatible with iPhones?
Four packs were about $60 and yes Iphone compatible.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.