The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I recently picked up a 2020 Lotus Evora GT (barely used) and cannot make heads or tails whether my car has Apple Carplay or not. I went through the menu but couldn't find anything. I also went through the owners manual but that was not helpful either.
How would I access it in the menu of the Alpine unit? A picture of my head unit is attached.

·
Recent Lotus Convert
2020 Evora GT
44 Posts
I believe I had to first connect my phone using the USB port in the glove box. I think I remember it there were some simple prompts to get it started. Also, if a manual trans, you need to pull the handbrake twice for the Alpine unit to recognize the car as parked.

Mark

·
Registered
279 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
according to this, it is carplay compatible
Thank you. As the other poster stated, you have to connect it to the adapter in the glove box (Iphone lightning cable to USB) and then the AppleCarPlay goes on. I guess there is no wireless car play unless I haven't figured this out yet? Also, I would like satellite radio if I could but it doesn't appear to have a tuner built in with the Sat Radio set up. Anybody know more about either of these questions?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts