The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a few threads about APR, of which Manly started originally at:
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/new-wing-option-come-soon-apr-61257/

With the evidence by Manly that the APR aero clearly improved the dynamics of the car, a lot of us in the LCS have picked up their parts - Tim T., Tim H., Roy, myself, etc...

KC and his group really know what they are doing. He explained the process of dry CF carbon vs. wet laid to me, and he showed me different graphs of aero wind testing.

I originally had the Gut spoiler/Gut wing...I kept the Gut spoiler and attached the APR splitter on to this. I have the honeycomb CF splitter which is super light compared to the fiberglass CF splitter.
I'll be testing this setup at the Buttonwillow LCS, and KC has recommended the canards to offset the understeer...I'll prob. pick those up, along with the side skirts which he used my car to mold the future Elise CF side skirts.
I'm also attaching a diagram he sent me regarding the advantage of a Gurney flap on the rear wing at high angles of attack.

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
before and after:

Aero diagram of Gurney flap:

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
Just ordered an APR splitter..... did you take your clam off for installation ?

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just ordered an APR splitter..... did you take your clam off for installation ?
APR did the installation...you do not need to take the clam off, but you do need a flat surface/spoiler to install the splitter on to.
Also, rod supports are optional.

Your car looks amazing!

How's the diffuser holding up?
Diffuser is fine...car is fairly low, so on occasion it has scraped. But now, the splitter has made the front extremely low.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Eddie,

Was there a lot of work installing the GUT spoiler with the license plate plinth removed? I'm having that removed on my new clam and have been wondering what options I have in the way of a spoiler/splitter.

·
shay2nak
25,133 Posts
Eddie, are you using the von hep eliminator with the 5 element? I'm on mobile and difficult to tell. How was it you didn't have to use those struts for the APR splitter?

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Eddie,

Was there a lot of work installing the GUT spoiler with the license plate plinth removed? I'm having that removed on my new clam and have been wondering what options I have in the way of a spoiler/splitter.
SCC did the license plate removal....there is a little work centrally to bolt on the GUT spoiler, but not too difficult....I had extra bolts added for stability.

Eddie, are you using the von hep eliminator with the 5 element? I'm on mobile and difficult to tell. How was it you didn't have to use those struts for the APR splitter?
Yes, Von Hep eliminator with the 5 element. Jamie modified the von hep - he had to cut it, shorten it, and reweld it so that the 5 element wasn't hanging too low.
KC said that the struts for the splitter are optional. The splitter is wide and deep so it's secured and stable from underneath.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

You use washers at the bottom bracket to lift the bracket In order to fit.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Since you guys are in Communication with APR, Can you confirm or deny that they make a CF diffuser for our car but is re branded and sold by another company? I heard this through the grapevine!

·
Premium Member
4,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Since you guys are in Communication with APR, Can you confirm or deny that they make a CF diffuser for our car but is re branded and sold by another company? I heard this through the grapevine!
I have not heard this...but they pretty much can fabricate anything CF - even custom.

Also, I have an SCCA license - which will give you 40% off their products!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Thanks for the quick response - I have always liked APR and had some of their products on my last car (S2000) and am glad to see them breaking out of the stigma that plagued them years ago that their products were sub-par, The JDM crowd were a bunch of snobs when I had my Honda and I beat the crap out of my APR parts on the track while the JDM crew were polishing their trophies at the car shows! I would just shake my head but different strokes for different folks right? they were paying 3 and 4 times as much as me for bragging rights to say they bought Mugen or spoon etc... The reverie stuff is way over priced and over hyped!

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
How much for a splitter for my 07 Exige S?
If I were you, I'd get that awesome exige Splitter that Reverie sells. That's a very well built piece. It is solidly fixed to the crash box.

With APR, there are a lot of fiddling cutting and drilling to make it fit. For the Elise the APR is the only real splitter that fits. On the Exige I think the Reverie is a better design.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts